ANH Red Y... kit

Now, now... all kits are due their proper welcome into my home, which means a good old three or four day fondle...

Anyway, I need a Dremel before I can do any more on the pyro!

ATTENTION Y WING FANS!!! GOLD LEADER AKA TIE KILLER pattern HAS BEGUN!!

Here are some shots of the Gold leader head pattern. The heads that are found on the gold version Y wings are wider and more bulky than the red jammer... also chip and scribe line details are different as well as the main guns. Lucky for us we made the base pattern Y hull as all Y Wings have... so John is concertrating on detail specific plant ons for the Gold Leader.. The engines will be made in the same manner ar Red Jammer but be detailed to match Gold Leader version.

Using photographs of the exsisting Gold Leader model that is owned by a private collector.. we will try to make it part for part acurate.. Jason has the photo reference so when he does the build he'll be able to paint it exactly like the model.

photonld.th.jpg

photo9oj.th.jpg

photo6fdu.th.jpg

photo4nm.th.jpg

photo2kdr.th.jpg

photo8wq.th.jpg

Steve

Last edited:
Sweeeet!!!!!!!

No backing out of this one for me! Fingers crossed for no family emergencies! Thanks for doing the GL after all guys! You've answered my model prayers!

Joe

There are more differences in the head alone.... The torpedo tubes are in a differrent location... the lower scoop is shaped differently... the canopy is also scribed another way. However this head has more in common with red jammer than the MOM or Triangles Y Wing... strange that they were not all the same.. just shows that many different people worked on them at different times I guess.

More pics to follow as progress is made.

Steve

I wanted a Gold Leader from the start but didnt want to miss out on a Y-wing so ordered the Red jammer but now that these will be made does anybody think i would be able to sell mine so i can get one of these or should i just be happy with the Red jammer. I would like both but just can not offord it.

You could be right Lee. I don't have he pix in front of me but it's pretty hard to tell from them as the y's are all white and it washes out the detail. However i have some ROTJ desktop pix. I'll dig em out.

3phase, I don't think you'll have any trouble selling your red. But maybe hang on till this one is finished. Just a thought.

Very exciting news... I was VERY tempted to get the Red Jammer but have been holding out for this Y instead.

Can't wait to see more progress.

You could be right Lee. I don't have he pix in front of me but it's pretty hard to tell from them as the y's are all white and it washes out the detail. However i have some ROTJ desktop pix. I'll dig em out.

3phase, I don't think you'll have any trouble selling your red. But maybe hang on till this one is finished. Just a thought.

Yes you’re probably right; it could be a while till the gold leader is ready and im already itching to start a build.

Well we promised to do gold leader if the red jammer did 50..... it did and we had to turn folks away... so with Gold Leader we are shooting for a April 2012 release... guess I'll let another cat out of the bag... Jamie is making the patterns for the MOM version....
Triangles and Tiger sprocket will be offered in a very limited number.
It's raining Y Wings....

Will keep everyone here updated...

Steve

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back