Hasbro Black Series replicas at Celebration?

Something else I was thinking about....

First MR had a nice fiberglass Fett with a high price and those all sold. Now Efx is making a plastic Fett with a lower price and I’ll bet those sell out. Even if it’s 1-2 years away before release, I’ve got to think Hasbro has a BS Fett in the works.
I used to think we wouldn't get a BS Fett or at least it wouldn't look any good without a repaint. But they've done a good enough job on the finish on the Poe and now Luke helmets (which makes it all the more senseless that their Vader is a single shade of black), that I think it's doable now.

Here we go!!

IMG_9023.jpg

It does look a little undersized, like 95% of 1:1. I know for the movies the helmets were vac-pulls from an XL AHP-6 and they are really big, even bigger because of the mohawk.

It's really hard to tell with it sitting by itself. It needs to be worn or sit next to an accurate 1:1 replica.

But so far it looks great. It does not look noticably small.

I'll definitely be grabbing one to hold me over until I can afford an RS one. And if the past is any indication, they'll probably be on sale at Target for $50 within the year after they come out, so then I can get a couple for other peoples' helmets.

It does look a little undersized, like 95% of 1:1. I know for the movies the helmets were vac-pulls from an XL AHP-6 and they are really big, even bigger because of the mohawk.

If you can spot a 5% from that image, I’m taking you with me next time to the fair to guess at the jellybean jar. ;)

Was it XL? I thought it was just a L because I thought that is what a lot of the well know fan made kits utilized, I honestly don’t know.

The other thing that would be interesting to know is what they used for a reference? Did LFL give them something to scan and if so, what? Did they have a original OT prop, a Rogue One prop, or and approved replica? Just wondering because I could see how even a screen used item might have variations depending on what was used.

Looks great but I do think it will be a little small, as long as its bigger than Poes people will buy into the scale.
Fingers crossed though :)

I can’t fit my squash in any of the other black series helmets, don’t care if it fits in this one either

I'm going to pick one up when they are available. I have a Darth Hair helmet that is put together and painted white which I was going to make into Luke's helmet but with this one coming, I will be converting it into something different.

TazMan2000

I can’t fit my squash in any of the other black series helmets, don’t care if it fits in this one either

I have 7 3/8 size head aka L. With the Poe helmet, I can fit but I need to reach in and pull those ear fabric pieces back in place. If I glued them all in place, it would be better. The stormtrooper helmet fits my head fine fit it hits the bridge of my nose. The Ren helmet is fine. I don’t have a Vader.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back