HP Font Database

Just like many other people have noted here, MinaLima don't always use fonts, so there is a chance that the same happens in this case. These numbers, however, were used by them also in the Gilderoy Lockhart's exam, and even though they might or might not be a font, they are definitely based on the old Bodoni fonts, Bodoni Classic Pro by Wiescher Design contains a very similar set that might be helpful to you.

Thank you so much! That's perfect!

Hello all!
I am currently in the process of replicating the Advanced Potion Making book (second edition) and I currently vectorizing the cover for printing it. I am looking for some help in identifiying some of the fonts used on the cover.

I've already Identified the font for the author name as being Farao Black OT with the letters first letter of both words (L and B) being slightly vertically streched.

libatius_borages.png

I've also tried to figure out which font is used for the POTION MAKING part of the title. Again the P and the M seem slightly streched vertically. So far I've come up with the following candidates for the font: Wichita-Serial-ExtraBold, A- OTF Antique Std (AN U Bold) and G- OTF Antique Std (AN B Bold). They are all close, but none of them look quite right to me. Especially the K and the vertical line at the top end of the G look different...

potion_making.png

As for the ADVANCED part of the title, I really have no clue what font could have been used...

advanced.png

My skills are definitly very limited, when it comes to tracking down and identifying the correct font, but I know there are some font wizards and witches here, so I would be super happy if somebody could help me out!

Thank you so much in advance!

Hat jemand die Schrift Formal Text Hand für mich? Ich möchte nicht für die Schriftart pay und möchte diese Schriftart haben. Vielen Dank:) :)

Last edited:
Hi, Does anyone know any of the fonts from inside the Unfogging the Future textbooks (either green or blue edition). I know 1 of the fonts from the cover (Antimony) but am not sure about text inside. Thanks!

Screenshot 2021-09-04 at 11.39.37.png
Screenshot 2021-09-04 at 14.14.33.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-08-31 at 14.58.42.png
    Screenshot 2021-08-31 at 14.58.42.png
    431.6 KB · Views: 19
Hey, does anyone know these fonts used on the testament of Dumbledore? I can't find them.
The one after Probatum, wrote in Latin.
And the other one above the full name of Dumbledore. (Herein is set forth the last will of...)

Attachments

• pppppppppppppp.png
    pppppppppppppp.png
    226.8 KB · Views: 28
  • testament hp (2).png
    testament hp (2).png
    1.9 MB · Views: 31
Hi Everyone,
It's great to see so many people who share my love of fonts and screen accuracy here!
I've currently got a few projects on the go at the moment; various editions of The Daily Prophet, and also the Spectrespecs Edition of The Quibbler. However, I'm really struggling to identify this one font from The Quibbler:

Pages - Week Without Runes.jpgBreaking News.png

It appears to be the same as the font used for "Advanced" on the cover of Snape's Second Edition of Advanced Potion Making but I can't seem to find it going down that route either. I noticed it was all over the info plaques at the Studio Tour last time I went too, though the "G" has the horizontal line there (maybe it's different for Upper and Lower Case?):

Breaking News - Font.png

If anyone has any ideas I'd really appreciate the help as I've been stumped by this one for too long now!
Many thanks :)

Hey, does anyone know these fonts used on the testament of Dumbledore? I can't find them.
The one after Probatum, wrote in Latin.
And the other one above the full name of Dumbledore. (Herein is set forth the last will of...)
Hi,
I just had a quick look, I believe the "lorem ipsum" text is:

Herman Decanus AH

The other one however, though I could be wrong, looks handwritten to me, but it could still be based off a font maybe?
testament hp (2).png

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could please help me identify this font:
?hash=909d57be0a324068d173de344235cdd1.png
I feel like I've seen it somewhere before but I just can't place it. It seems to be related to "Thousandsticks WF" but it appears bolder and has extra marks like on the "E" "P" and "H"
Thanks

Attachments

• Font.png
    Font.png
    410.9 KB · Views: 5
Hello all!
I am currently in the process of replicating the Advanced Potion Making book (second edition) and I currently vectorizing the cover for printing it. I am looking for some help in identifiying some of the fonts used on the cover.

I've already Identified the font for the author name as being Farao Black OT with the letters first letter of both words (L and B) being slightly vertically streched.

View attachment 1430310

I've also tried to figure out which font is used for the POTION MAKING part of the title. Again the P and the M seem slightly streched vertically. So far I've come up with the following candidates for the font: Wichita-Serial-ExtraBold, A- OTF Antique Std (AN U Bold) and G- OTF Antique Std (AN B Bold). They are all close, but none of them look quite right to me. Especially the K and the vertical line at the top end of the G look different...

View attachment 1430311

As for the ADVANCED part of the title, I really have no clue what font could have been used...

View attachment 1430312

My skills are definitly very limited, when it comes to tracking down and identifying the correct font, but I know there are some font wizards and witches here, so I would be super happy if somebody could help me out!

Thank you so much in advance!

"POTION-MAKING" is an early 1800s typeface by Vincent Figgins called Pica Shaded.

figgins-pica-shaded.jpg

I have recreated this as a digital font. You can get it here: Potion Making Font Family - Etsy

As for the "ADVANCED" font - I have been unable to find an exact match. However, a very close match is Ambergate Plain. It can be modified to very closely resemble the font they used.

Hi! I recently started having interest in the HP1 and HP2 Daily prophets, i thought the font it will be the same used in the Chocolate frogs but when i started writting i ve seen some differnces in some of the characters. I was thinking that maybe the font is the same but they changed it throught the years. Somebody knows anything about this? Thanks!

I'm trying to make a GRINGOTTS BANK sign graphic - the one that is on the front of the movie building and at Universal Studios.

Screenshot gringotts-topaz-enhance-4x.jpg

As you can see, it has some specific flourishes to it - the extended back of the N and the rounding of the leg of the K. Anyone know what font this might be - or what font is very similar? Need something somewhat close in design, since it everyone knows the sign because it is at the park.

Help?

Hello everyone!
I just recently discovered this thread and I love it! I am a graphic designer, passionate about both typefaces and harry potter, so this is the perfect place! A huge thank you to LorduDesign for creating this thread!

That said, I am trying to find the font used for the numbers on Umbridge's proclamations. This stamp style font can also be seen in some of the polyjuice potion labels. (I attach images).

I know that Danny (Wizardry Workshop) has the numbers on his Etsy shop, but the letters are different.

Initially I searched on various sites like "what font is" etc.. But with no results.
Thinking then that this was not a digital font, I started consulting dozens of “Dover” books and others concerning lettering, on Archive.org.
Here, too, I found nothing.
I am beginning to think that this is an actual stamp, perhaps purchased from the graphics department.

Can any of you help me find this unknown font?
Thank you all so much!!

Harry Potter Page to Screen_ The Complete Filmmaking Journey (Collector's Edition).jpeg4.png1.pngNumbers.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back