Interest Indiana Jones - "FERTILITY IDOL" (Made from Casting from Original Mold)

UPDATE:

Idols are in and I'm finishing the assembly and aging on them right now! :cool:(y)

I'll be sending out 'Payment Due' messages on Monday, and start shipping these out a few days later.

So, those of you who have already sent in their deposits to reserve one of these, stand by!
Those of you who haven't sent in a deposit, this run is currently all reserved, but there's a chance someone may back out.
If not, there will be another run!

UPDATE:

Sorry for the delay!

I'm sending out 'Payment Due' messages today!

One problem!!! The bottom three people who asked for Hero Idols will not receive theirs due to quality issues.
I'm about to start the next run, and those not getting one will be put at the top of the list for the next run!

The first batch of 8 from this current run is finished and getting boxed up tomorrow to be shipped!
The next final batch should be ready in one week from this coming Monday!

Last edited:
Adios Satipo

Received mine today and it is perfect! Thank you Brenton!
IMG_1295.JPG

I know you’re busy getting this current run out the door, but what’s the timeline looking like for the next run? Just trying to plan a few projects.

Very excited for this! Been wanting to get on one of these since your very first run.

I know you’re busy getting this current run out the door, but what’s the timeline looking like for the next run? Just trying to plan a few projects.

Very excited for this! Been wanting to get on one of these since your very first run.
I'll be asking for deposits for the next run in the next couple of weeks and start production. It usually takes about 3 months from start to finish...

Just received my aged hero version, and it is amazing! When side by side with the “Official licensed Disney Fertility Idol” version from the online Disney shop, you see the difference. Love the quality & accuracy of the aged hero version much more!
IMG_2668.jpeg

It's amazing! Got mine all at my desk with all my other prop replicas.

Question, did notice that the idol is front heavy - which comes with the design itself.

Has anyone figured out how to combat this?

Question, did notice that the idol is front heavy - which comes with the design itself.

There were a couple of people saying this a couple of pages back and RM admits to it being a bit top-heavy. No one suggested another way to display except the obvious: make sure it’s on a flat surface and away from any ledges / high-traffic areas prone to getting bumped

Could always angle it in a corner or wedge it into a tight space for use as a bookend to something else if you’re afraid of it tipping. I don’t remember the kind of metal RM used, but a rare-earth magnetic base of some kind might pull it down more. If not magnetic metal and you’re feeling crazy adventurous, you could glue or otherwise insert magnets into the base to do the same if it allows. Only other alternative I can think of would be to wedge some aged, folded paper beneath it (so it looks like it belongs, depending on how you’re displaying) to sort of tip it back, but that might create a totally different balance issue and isn’t exactly a great fix, unless you’re desperate . . .

There were a couple of people saying this a couple of pages back and RM admits to it being a bit top-heavy. No one suggested another way to display except the obvious: make sure it’s on a flat surface and away from any ledges / high-traffic areas prone to getting bumped

Could always angle it in a corner or wedge it into a tight space for use as a bookend to something else if you’re afraid of it tipping. I don’t remember the kind of metal RM used, but a rare-earth magnetic base of some kind might pull it down more. If not magnetic metal and you’re feeling crazy adventurous, you could glue or otherwise insert magnets into the base to do the same if it allows. Only other alternative I can think of would be to wedge some aged, folded paper beneath it (so it looks like it belongs, depending on how you’re displaying) to sort of tip it back, but that might create a totally different balance issue and isn’t exactly a great fix, unless you’re desperate . . .
I don't have one yet, and it's good to know now that this is an issue, but it seems like some poster putty underneath might be the simplest solution.

I used double sided tape to put a a small piece of 10 oz leather on the front. It's enough to get it balanced.

I think I might suspend the idol so that I can let it naturally hang, and find out where I need to level the base bottom so the weight is distributed properly.

Then take a bench grinder on the marked leveling, and sandie that down.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back