Interest KRULL - "The GLAIVE"!!! Metal-casting KIT!!!

Does the adhesive come out of the pen kind of thick? The one I've been using seems to be kind of runny and I think it would make drips.
It's very runny, which is why I mentioned to wipe the excess off onto some paper before you apply it to the Glaive Rune surface. It dries to a tacky surface.
If you happen to put a lot onto the glaive, just wipe it with a paper towel before it starts to dry.

Does the adhesive come out of the pen kind of thick? The one I've been using seems to be kind of runny and I think it would make drips.
No, it is not thick. It's very watery! If it's dripping from the pen without having to press it down on paper to get it running, then your pen may be faulty...

On the video, it seemed like it was going on fairly thick, which got me wondering if I got a faulty pen, but I guess its normal. It's not dripping either, so I guess I'm good to go.

I enjoyed the tutorial Krull Glaive assembly and tips video. Just awesome! The key take your time and do not rush any steps. Marvelous! Thanks for creating the video it’s invaluable to have. Bravo RelicMaker!!

Last edited:
Feel free to ask any questions! I know a few of you aren't comfortable in working on projects like this, and I want you to be able to complete it as perfectly as possible.

Another tip, is they sell 'Fine Point' cotton swabs on Amazon... (Links below)
If you mess up painting and go beyond the line where the paint is supposed to be, then you can use these along with paint thinner to remove the paint in small areas.

Also, here is the 'Paint Guide' again, courtesy of 'Astyanax', in case no one has seen this yet!

PaintGuide.png

Got around to putting the gold leaf on, and it turned out great. I practiced enough to where I got some confidence using it and then tried applying it to the glaive. Very few problems, and I was able to easily fix the ones I had.

Question about the clear gloss acrylic. When your spraying it on the runes, does it leave spots on the chrome?

Got around to putting the gold leaf on, and it turned out great. I practiced enough to where I got some confidence using it and then tried applying it to the glaive. Very few problems, and I was able to easily fix the ones I had.

Question about the clear gloss acrylic. When your spraying it on the runes, does it leave spots on the chrome?
No spots that I could tell, since it's a gloss...

I would love to know what everyone's plans are for displaying their glaive once they are done. I've seen some pics of people fashioning a harness similar to the belt loop used in the movie. I like the idea of displaying it vertically amongst my collection so it stands out.

I would love to know what everyone's plans are for displaying their glaive once they are done. I've seen some pics of people fashioning a harness similar to the belt loop used in the movie. I like the idea of displaying it vertically amongst my collection so it stands out.
I've been thinking about how to display it and I feel that a wall mounted case might be best for me. I'm going to discuss it with my case maker once I've finished the kit. I'll share it if we come up with anything cool.

That's the 1st side of my Glaive snazzed up with the gold leaf, time consuming but something quite satisfying about the process. Still need to paint too, but couldn't resist doing a mock up with the stones in place. I can fully appriciate why you were charging more for finished Glaives. Makes it little more special when you get to finish your own kit though. Thank you for the tutorial video too.

Attachments

• 20230202_225824.jpg
    20230202_225824.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 70
That's the 1st side of my Glaive snazzed up with the gold leaf, time consuming but something quite satisfying about the process. Still need to paint too, but couldn't resist doing a mock up with the stones in place. I can fully appriciate why you were charging more for finished Glaives. Makes it little more special when you get to finish your own kit though. Thank you for the tutorial video too.

Looking really good! Yes, I realized this project is taking twice as long as I thought, because of the back side. :lol:

Im actually thinking to give this pearlescent white acrylic paint a go, instead of the flat white. Think it could make the overall look of the Glaive pop a little more. Will see what I think after the paint arrives. Best do a little test patch first.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230203-142316_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20230203-142316_Brave.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 52

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back