Limited Run Red TROS Version Floating Jedi Training Remote Limited Edition

Love this ! :)

Little tricky to make it float but easier after some attempts.
71a7761d8f4486fb928e10e499a8acbf.jpg

Last edited:
Love this ! :)

Little tricky to make it float but easier after some attempts.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181013/71a7761d8f4486fb928e10e499a8acbf.jpg

Completely agree. I haven’t had to re position mine for a long time.

A few months ago we lost power during the day and I came home to reset clocks and a sitting remote.

First try and bam! Got that sucker to float right away!

It gets easier with time. I remember my first time, i was so nervous and was thinking I’d never be able to do this again, YES! I’m talking about setting up the remote! Get your minds out of the gutter! ;)

Just think of yoda coaching Luke on floating rocks..

Looks great btw!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few months ago we lost power during the day and I came home to reset clocks and a sitting remote.
Can I ask what did it do, does it simply magnetise to the base a bit like how it Is when first unpacking it? Wandering too about the impact in such an event on the remote - did it cause any damage?

Are there batteries in both the base and remote? If not how do the lights work?

I have been following the thread so I apologize if this has been covered and I missed it.

Thanks

Can I ask what did it do, does it simply magnetise to the base a bit like how it Is when first unpacking it? Wandering too about the impact in such an event on the remote - did it cause any damage?

Nope no damage, it just got stuck right to the base. Mine is on a shelf too, it didn’t roll off or anything

It’s a great built on fail safe

Scottjua uses a back up battery encase of power outages. You can grab a cheap one for around 60 bucks

I have yet to do it, but really need to invest in one

Funny thing is, and I’ve said this before. A long time ago we had a nor’easter here, wicked winds

I lost power for 1 second, my tv went out, lights went out. But the lights on my remote stayed on and it kept floating, granted power was out for a second

But it was out enough for the clocks and tv to reset. And the remote went unphased

Maybe something to do with the electro magnets? Or maybe trent is using stark industries arc reactors?

Electro engineering, plug into the wall, get it to float and done, no batteries to worry about [emoji6]

The battery back up I’m talking about is a stand alone system, you can plug any electronic device into it, and if the power goes out what ever is plugged into it is powered by the back up battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been following the thread so I apologize if this has been covered and I missed it.

Thanks

No batteries in the remote. The lights in the remote work via induction. There's a copper coil wrapped around the bottom of the remote in the shape of a ring (think saturn) that are connected to the LEDs. one setting of the base increases the magnetic pulse which sends electrons through the wire and into the low voltage LEDs causing them to light up.

You can try this yourself. Just get some copper wire and solder it to an LED, then wave a strong magnet over the wire in the direction of the LED and it'll light up.

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wireless lights basically??? So cool.

I am a simple man. Common stuff still amazes me. A modern aircraft carrier, electricity, cell phones, microwaves. Don't talk to me about the good old days. I like these modern marvels, plus indoor plumbing, cars, etc.

Thanks guys.

Everyone should invest in a battery backup. Hurricane Michael hit me on Thursday and the power went out (just got it back today). The remote banged on the base and luckily stuck there but a couple of the silver rings are now loose and can simply be pulled out.

Everyone should invest in a battery backup. Hurricane Michael hit me on Thursday and the power went out (just got it back today). The remote banged on the base and luckily stuck there but a couple of the silver rings are now loose and can simply be pulled out.

Yes, invest in a battery backup, but also know that the battery backup will only give you 5-6 minutes of time. Its sole purpose is to allow you time to backup your work on a computer.
So if you're having bad weather at all, it's better to just take the remote off the base before it gets bad enough to lose power. I've had my old one running for 10 years now and apart from the occasional mishap while I was away from home, I've hardly ever had it drop because I always take it down at the first sign of a storm.

For the rims, I mostly pressure fit them, but occasionally I'll shave a hair too much off when sizing the holes and it'll be a tad loose so I'll use a dab of super glue.
Just pull the rim half way out so you can see the outer side wall of the rim. Put a small dot of super glue on the side wall of the rim. Then slowly turn the rim as you press it back into the hole (kind of like you're threading it into a screw hole) so that the dot of glue spreads around the lip of the hole. this will help it get evenly distributed all the way around under the lip, but not leak out every where. use a very small dot. then just press and hold for 30 seconds and it'll be good as new.
message me if you have any questions.

For those of you that are still in line and for number 21 and 22 ( ronwlim and @Moet1919) that I'm working on now, I'm so sorry that these have been delayed a bit. I was doing pretty good knocking them out left and right, but the past few weeks have been miserably in terms of weather. We've had nonstop rain and I have not been able to paint the two I'm working on now. I was lucky enough to do the initial primer coat several days ago so that I could at leas make some progress on adding the parts on. I need one more clear day to prime and paint the base coat. After that, I can finish up the rest indoors. My first semi-clear day looks like this Sunday. So thanks for your patience. Hopefully I'll be able to pick up the pace again soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Take your time and take a break if need be. I am way down the list but I would rather wait as I don't want you to burn yourself out. It's all good. I think most hear will agree. Don't stress yourself out.

I am really interested in this but am uncertain if the base etc will work on UK voltage 210-220v. If anyone from the UK has bought one I would be interested to hear. In terms of the waiting list I am happy to wait as long as it takes if that is OK with you Trooper_trent, subject to input on the voltage issue. Cheers John

I am really interested in this but am uncertain if the base etc will work on UK voltage 210-220v. If anyone from the UK has bought one I would be interested to hear. In terms of the waiting list I am happy to wait as long as it takes if that is OK with you Trooper_trent, subject to input on the voltage issue. Cheers John
I brought a pack of travel plugs from Argos. Cheap and effective under a tenner for a pack of three.

I brought a pack of travel plugs from Argos. Cheap and effective under a tenner for a pack of three.

Hi Marv, I have plenty of US type travel plugs but I was just wondering if the base could take our voltage, but if the travel plug worked then I guess it can so thank you.

Trooper_trent if you have not decided to cap this run yet could you please add me to the list. As I said before I am in no rush and if you decide to stop before you get to me that is fine but I would like to be at least in for a chance of getting one. I hope that is OK. Cheers John

Hi Marv, I have plenty of US type travel plugs but I was just wondering if the base could take our voltage, but if the travel plug worked then I guess it can so thank you.

Trooper_trent if you have not decided to cap this run yet could you please add me to the list. As I said before I am in no rush and if you decide to stop before you get to me that is fine but I would like to be at least in for a chance of getting one. I hope that is OK. Cheers John

Yeah the power adapter has an input range that is acceptable for pretty much whatever (unless you have a home that's wired for low-voltage) and regulates the output to the 2a needed to run the base.
I added you to the list.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back