Limited Run Red TROS Version Floating Jedi Training Remote Limited Edition

Another point of note is that doing it with a groove not only allows me to align parts better but it also essentially allows me to combine multiple parts into one printed assembly, which makes the build process quite a bit more efficient. That would translate to a faster turn around time, which means it’s more likely that I’ll be able to get farther down the list than I currently would.

In short. A groove means cleaner look, more symmetrical assembly, faster turnaround, more remotes in this limited edition. But slightly less accurate. And by slightly I mean literally a 0.5 mm height difference on a 5mm area.

Last edited:
Anyone care to weigh in on NOT making the change?

Currently each laser has 11 pieces (not including the chrome rims) x 8 is 88 parts just for the laser areas.
Assembly is as follows:
1. apply the red vinyl ring around the hole
2. mark alignment points for the two vertical small discs
3. glue on both small discs one at a time, ensuring alignment at both the vertical and horizontal center of the hole. Allow glue to dry
4. glue on the two half moon shapes one at a time, lining them up with the outer most edges of the small discs. Allow glue to dry
5. apply the small red vinyl cross bars to each half moon
6. mark alignment points on the midway point of each half moon for the larger discs
7. Glue on both large discs ensuring alignment. Allow glue to dry
8. Glue on small horse shoe pieces one at a time with tweezers. Allow glue to dry.

and I do that for each of the 8 lasers.

If I were to make this modification, I could essentially model the entire assembly into 1 single half piece (two halves per laser).
Screen Shot 09-17-18 at 09.16 AM.PNG
The assembly would be:
1. Apply the red vinyl ring around the hole
2. glue both halves of the assembly on one at a time. Allow glue to dry.

Last edited:
We are already happy with the 'innacurate' red vinyl so I would say that this is such an insignificant visual change that it would only be beneficial to just add the grooves. I was also thinking that the vinyl could be made to look more accurate by misting it with a very light shade of the cream color of the remote.

I can’t find the photo of the magnetic base that was decorated like the holochess table...anyone have that photo? And who made it? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, 4 'In-Progress' at the same time! Trooper_trent is on a roll:D

Yeah I had Thursday and Friday off. With nothing to do I thought I’d knock a few out. Just know that I will in no way sacrifice any communication or quality by doing more than one at a time. I’m still giving each one undivided attention and sending progress pics after completing each stage then doing the same with the next one.
f7b7d266ddeb7cb05eae2d6a396f1060.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back