Star Wars Ahsoka (tv series)

I liked this episode, it was StarWarsy.

What I don’t like is the painted face human Nightsisters. And Enoch with his weird mask. I feel like it is too much already. Why always the leader of faceless troopers has to look so different? Phasma, now this? Also I feel like too much Samurai-ing is going on. Ahsoka with her all-in samurai style was already too much for me now we have kintsugi, bandit samurais, I hope we will not have ninjas too and seppuku. I understand after the cowboy Mandalorian, Filoni thought a samurai “movie” has to come but in Mandalorian they could find the right balance. Here I feel cringe way too often. I was okay with Thrawn. I also think Ezra is good, I like the way he played him, I could feel that he is Ezra. And we finally did not see Mrs McGregor thank God! Nice episode, wish all were like this.

Last edited:
Darth Lars Everything's okay with Mikkseln, I don't blame him. I just wanted to imply that he is wasted in the way they let him interact and look in this episode/show. I even was excited when they announced him as Thrawn. But the result is a lack of quality, in my opinion. Design wise.
dude, what did you expect? thrawn is a blue guy with red eyes... you are overthinking this...

I liked this episode, it was StarWarsy.

What I don’t like is the painted face human Nightsisters. And Enoch with his weird mask. I feel like it is too much already. Why always the leader of faceless troopers has to look so different? Phasma, now this? Also I feel like too much Samurai-ing is going on. Ahsoka with her all-in samurai style was already too much for me now we have kintsugi, bandit samurais, I hope we will not have ninjas too I and seppuku. I understand after the cowboy Mandalorian, Filoni thought a samurai “movie” has to come but in Mandalorian they could find the right balance. Here I feel cringe way too often. I was okay with Thrawn. I also think Ezra is good, I like the way he played him, I could feel that he is Ezra. And we finally did not see Mrs McGregor thank God! Nice episode, wish all were like this.
you forgot Roman empire...

Yeah, the visual look of Thrawn is not my favorite either. I get carrying over voice actors to live action, but they didn’t do that with other characters, so the continuity wouldn’t have been suddenly broken.

The troopers were interesting, for sure. It reminded me of something we could have seen in a Riddick sequel.

The bandits unfortunately felt the same way. They took too many tones from samurai. I assume they were supposed to be akin to Tuskens as well, but it just seemed more like post apocalypse/Riddick in design. Plus, we travel to a completely new galaxy and you’re telling me this is the costume design we picked?

Filoni can’t kill people off, but I was really hoping that the crab people would bring Sabine to a grave, where they had etched the Rebel logo, and were worshipping it or something. Then Sabine would have been emotional, and it would have played out in the coming conflict with the Not Jedi.

I like where this is going, feels new yet familiar. I just hope we get to see more of this new galaxy, but im afraid that time will be a constrsaint. However the door is open and new tales can and probaly will emerge.

Huh, I really liked this one!

TEENY TINY nits that don't amount to anything (and some laurels, too):

The window in her planet cell was pretty big, I'm surprised she didn't climb into it just to see if there was an escape route. Probably not, but one must find out.

Someone on FB was saying it was the "wrong" type of star destroyer, which I don't agree with, because, given the angle of the shield generators on the tower, it is consistent with ANH-era SDs, which is what he would have, correct?

Thrawn is not one who would want his troops chanting his name, but perhaps they've developed a cult devotion all on their own, and it's better for morale to allow it.

The troopers fixing cracks in their armor with gold is akin to the Japanese tradition of Wabi Sabi. Thought that was cool.

I would think Sabine, if she's ever been around any animals at all (and she did have a cat), would've introduced herself to the dog thing by letting it sniff her hand or something before just climbing on the first time. Also, the trooper is apparently its trainer, and I would've added some line of him warning Sabine not to let it come to harm. I did like she and the beast bonded, but I'm a sucker for animals.

There is no way Sabine, or anyone in that situation meeting Ezra, wouldn't say, affectionately, something like "look at you, with that beard!"

(mind you, the very concepts of witches and space whales are not things I ever would want in SW, but that ship has sailed)
Looking at screenshots. It does look like an Imperial - II class, rather than an Imperial - I.

F6c4Tv_bQAAdxyH.jpeg.jpg

I honestly do think a more “military” posture would go a long way and in that particular shot with his arms hiding his back profile, I think that also exaggerates things. Of course Thrawn is a bit older now too so maybe they were willing to intentionally give him more leeway in his physical appearance.

I’ll never judge anyone by their weight or lift style, I’m serious when I said I like how he looks heavier in the suit. Gives him age..

Love the weathered suit too.. and how connected he is with the great mothers..

I thought for sure Baylan was going to be his right hand man.. looks like the great mothers have filled the c’boath role

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back