Star Wars Ahsoka (tv series)

Hayden just swooping in for an episode and carrying the entire weight of this show on his back like the titan Atlas…

I haven’t really liked this show much up until this episode, and while I do REALLY like this episode for the most part, it feels like the other episodes, in either direction, pace, or substance, seem to have fallen to the wayside..
To put it finer, it feels like this episode was Filonis true focus for the entire show

Was nice to see our boy Temuera get a line in though! (If it wasn’t just deepfaked)

IMG_2402.jpeg

Get yourself a big arse projector..
They are cheaper than a TV in most cases mines an Epson 4K. It's like going to the cinema sometimes better than as the treats are free and no que for the breaks..

This week's episode gave me the chills, it also goes a long way to show why Ashoka is the way she is and it left me wanting more.
I guess a personality change will occure in Ashoka now and if Sabine hasn't switched sides as a ruse it's how Ashoka will gain her trust..
Yes basically it's The same old Journeyman Greek fable Disney are renowned for using in pretty much all their movies but once it would be nice to see the bad guys win.
Despite not watching everything SW Ashoka and Andor have been two of my favorite characters to have emerged in recent SW..

"More live action Clone wars we must see"

No more filler episodes let's keep up the momentum here..
Wholeheartedly agree, my Epson is way better than standard theaters locally and on par with the 4K Imax.
An 11 foot wide 4.5 foot tall scope screen at 10 feet viewing is a BIG experience. But that’s for another thread like you have said before.

The sound mixing on this show is crazy good.
My favorite thing so far is Anakins return and the love Hayden is getting from Star Wars. Someone mentioned reasons rather than a simple I liked/hated it. Here are my thoughts on why I am loving this: The clone wars flashbacks were so so awesome. All the Filoni stuff is special to me since my kids’ Star Wars is the clone wars , rebels and the prequels. It’s the connection with them on the material and seeing it through their-at the time- young eyes. Heck my oldest kid asked if he should skip class and come home from college for the night to watch EP 5 with me….
And my youngest sent me this

Bring on the next 3 weeks !

Ok, fair warning.

Old man rant coming..
You’ve been warned.

Why do so many use SPOILER TAGS in a thread actively talking about the show?

It’s not necessary!

We’re here TO TALK ABOUT THE SHOW!

If you haven’t seen it and are reading it anyway…THAT’S ON YOU!
I normally do this for details from other shows that people may have not watched yet, like Rebels, or for rumors/leaks from industry insiders.

Otherwise, yeah, this is a thread to talk about the show, so anything from the show should be fair game.

View attachment 1739668
Rex is weirdest thing I've ever seen. Those DC-17s hand blasters are like twice as long as should be. The bicep armor is backwards. And the elbows are flipped the other way around. What on earth?
yeah the custume department probably had a new guy during the photoshoot... cool poster but what a messup LOL...

I dont mind the longer DC-17s thou... they look rad

Maybe it's just me. But I feel like the more they try and connect Ahsoka with films, the more obtuse and ridiculous her inclusion becomes. Like when I sit down and watch the Prequels. I have hard feeling like all those events and Anakin having a Padawan happened between Episodes II and III.

Also I see in the screenshots they've kinda sorta retconned some of the looks in TCW. Ahsoka is in her Tales of the Jedi outfit. Not her TCW look. And they use the film version of the gunship.
Its a three year time gap between Episodes II and III. We see how much Anakin has changed to a seasoned warrior at the start of Episode III. I always got the impression a lot of stuff happened and his look was meant to emphasize that. Since the bulk of their relationship happened during that time period, its not crazy for me to connect it. But I understand what you’re saying since she didn’t exist when the prequels were made and clearly would have figured into the movies if she was.

View attachment 1739668
Rex is weirdest thing I've ever seen. Those DC-17s hand blasters are like twice as long as should be. The bicep armor is backwards. And the elbows are flipped the other way around. What on earth?
its just getting humorous at this point. But the OT had some stills that were not accurate too.. at least they had an excuse. Now they know fans will scrutinize and they just release stuff like this that gets thrashed. Not necessarily here that i see it, but everywhere else.

I already dont watch these shows the minute they come out.. so i see a lot of discussion about things before i ever watch it. I generally fall in the middle on the shows.. however the middle for this one for me has been 4/10 for the whole. And i havent seen the recent episode yet. And really the 4 comes down to bad acting and slow scenes and terrible attempts at manufacturing of drama when there isnt any. The good things, so i get both sides, is Chopper, Huyang, and Ray Stevensons character.

I dont really care about spoilers. When the prequels came out, i didnt want to know anything.. but things have changed so much..
Its pretty funny, honestly. Because the gamut is very wide on opinion about each episode.

I dont know what to think about what i think they should do because i dont know everything inside how its all going down... but...
I know what i would like to see...
more Mando without cameos.
More Andor.
A sequel to Solo.
A Lando movie set in the early Empire.
Good, thought out story.
A live action gritty clone movie.
No cameos.
I want to see the part of the galaxy that Luke and Leia and Han arent in.. and never been to.. and arent on the news.. and these people didnt make Lukes hat. Or Hans Hoth jacket.. they are not Biggs's cousin.. I just want to see... THE GALAXY.

Is the empire there? sure. but does Vader have to show up or be talked about? no. Is Admiral Pietts son on the same ship fixing something? no. Show me how big the galaxy is. not how small it is. Does Anakins pod racer show up? no. Was that a mention of Vaders trek to Endor for some unknown reason? no. Just show me the star wars galaxy and make it interesting.
WHY in Ahsoka... are we going off to some other galaxy when they havent even shown us this one that this whole thing is about? ugh. They are trying to change the rules. and they gotta do that with a different galaxy.
Spoiler Alert: Things dont act the same there. The Force is only subject to this galaxy. Midicholorians are a galactic species that exists only in this galaxy. Its coming.... the death of the Star Wars galaxy by a galactic sized Death Star thing that can take out whole galaxies, and the force doesnt work on it. Did i say too much?

View attachment 1739668
I've noticed a lot sideshow/hot toy clone trooper reviewers also make this mistake with the backwards bicep. It's always nice to see reviewers be completely inaccurate while reviewing accuracy.

Its a three year time gap between Episodes II and III. We see how much Anakin has changed to a seasoned warrior at the start of Episode III. I always got the impression a lot of stuff happened and his look was meant to emphasize that. Since the bulk of their relationship happened during that time period, its not crazy for me to connect it. But I understand what you’re saying since she didn’t exist when the prequels were made and clearly would have figured into the movies if she was.
But for me that adds to the disconnect. Because suddenly Anakin is this mature knight with a Padawan just a couple months out from Episode II. (Not to mention his appearance doesn't look right.) If they maybe had set TCW back 6 months to year, I might be able to buy it a bit more. (Though part of this problem is because TCW was initially meant to be a sequel to the micro series, where Anakin was knighted.)

One of the best parts about the old Clone Wars Multimedia Project is seeing Anakin transition from the person he is in Episode II to the person he is at the beginning of Episode III. And along with that, is watching Obi-Wan and Anakin's relationship shifting. Changing from a kind of father/son relationship to that of brothers, like we see in Episode III. TCW sadly tosses all of that, in favor for Anakin's relationship with a character we don't see or talk about in Episode III.

But for me that adds to the disconnect. Because suddenly Anakin is this mature knight with a Padawan just a couple months out from Episode II. (Not to mention his appearance doesn't look right.) If they maybe had set TCW back 6 months to year, I might be able to buy it a bit more. (Though part of this problem is because TCW was initially meant to be a sequel to the micro series, where Anakin was knighted.)

One of the best parts about the old Clone Wars Multimedia Project is seeing Anakin transition from the person he is in Episode II to the person he is at the beginning of Episode III. And along with that, is watching Obi-Wan and Anakin's relationship shifting. Changing from a kind of father/son relationship to that of brothers, like we see in Episode III. TCW sadly tosses all of that, in favor for Anakin's relationship with a character we don't see or talk about in Episode III.
I get your point, but if you'd poured 3+ years of your life into someone, only to have them walk away from you, not because of something YOU did, but you end up being collateral damage, then I doubt you'd bring them up every day in conversation. Considering RotS only covered a few days at most, it's more plausible than not that Ahsoka wouldn't have been mentioned.

Also, folks can blame Filoni all they want to, but he only designed the character at first, it was everyone's Uncle George that insisted that she was Anakin's Padawan. Even after pushback from Dave saying Anakin didn't have a Padawan, George responded with a simple "Anakin had a Padawan.".

To the point of Anakin's maturity, he WASN'T a mature Knight in the CW movie that started it all. Yoda insisted he take on Ahsoka to hopefully force him to mature.

That makes sense. I see what you're saying. I thought you were referring to "too much happening off screen" rather than the specific order of events. I agree the Anakin we see with young Ahsoka is much more battle tested and mature than the Padawan Anakin we saw at the end of AotC.

I wonder how different these Sabers are from previous versions.
On the animated saber, the bunny ears only had a single “ear“ on each side. The red button has been added. There is a Graflex clamp box instead of a smaller control box, and the pommel is more like Obi-Wan’s with larger cubes. It’s an interesting interpretation and brings it more in line with aspects from sabers we’ve seen.

Those longer guns on Rex, I think they are that way in Battlefront II.( edit: nope they're short on the reinforcements) I still play this game often. Seeing Anakin in his clone wars armor outfit in live action put a chill up my spine. That's the best appearance option of him in that game imo.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back