Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release) (Spoilers)

that's a good way to put it.

but another way is nothing really HAPPENS in rebels that makes you want to rewatch the episodes again. the characters are kind of one note.....they don't get to do much except run around and swing a lightsaber. it's just...something is missing that made clone wars so much better than the prequel movies.
I was being polite.

The other way would be to call it the "full house" of the star wars franchise

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I don't really see much in Rebels that would make me want to watch an episode twice. But then, I felt that way also about The Clone Wars.

I've kinda made up my own theory, probably will never come true but i keep thinking why oh why would luke leave his own daughter on a desert planet in the hands of a jerk junk dealer... you dont know unkar plutt could be some kind of rapist or something..

my theory is luke was out of a secret jedi mission... possibly with Lor San Tekka?? anyway while he's out on his mission the knights of rend decide this is the time to make the purge. with the leader away they can sweep clean all the young jedi.. likes wife/girlfriend/mother of his child may have over heard this plan? or had a force vision (i believe reys mother will also be a super force sensitive) and she decides to hide rey just incase this purge is true. while she hides rey the purge happens, she cannot contact luke because he's on his secret mission and when she returns home is ambushed and killed... now rey has been hidden and luke doesn't know where she is.. he may even think she's dead.. reys mother will never return to jakku to get her because she is now dead.. leaving rey abandon...

thats what i keep telling myself to make myself feel more comfortable about the whole abandonment on jakku... if we learn in episode 8, luke dropped her off there i will totally be pulled out of the film... i can't see his character doing that

That's pretty much what I'm thinking. I'm thinking whoever this woman was, she never told Luke she was pregnant, or wasn't able to. She runs off and hides Rey, then leaves and is killed. Luke, and most likely the mom, would have never left her alone. I'm also wondering if she was alone the entire time since in the movie someone is standing with her. I doubt a 5 (?) year old would last long by herself.

Oh my God, your still carrying on with this, Jason?! I told you months and months ago to accept that Luke in TFA was not going to have other Jedi running around and the Temple and all the EU trappings and you refused to accept it. Now that everything I told you has come to pass you still struggle with this. Listen, we don't know what the circumstances were regarding Luke's efforts to train new Jedi and we don't know what or who the Knights of Ren are and how they with Ben destroyed Luke's New Order. But we will, it's part of this new Saga and we have only seen part One. Let the story be told and forget the EU Luke. We have a far more interesting Luke to learn about.

My post has nothing to do with the EU at all. This is SW and it would be cool to see Luke with other Jedi he trained, that's it. You know, doing what Yoda and Obi Wan intended him to do. The way the movie told what happened (and what little it actually did) you don't know when the massacre happened or how old the students were. That doesn't mean he fully trained and Jedi that aren't out there. My whole problem with the movie was that it just wasn't a good movie. Now if you see all the clearly copied elements of ANH that were in this movie, which are undeniable, you start wondering if they purposely made Luke in the ANH Obi Wan's solitary Jedi image. It's a fair question. I don't know why some people are so deadset against any other Jedi in this. You do realize Rey is being setup to be trained, right?

That's pretty much what I'm thinking. I'm thinking whoever this woman was, she never told Luke she was pregnant, or wasn't able to. She runs off and hides Rey, then leaves and is killed. Luke, and most likely the mom, would have never left her alone. I'm also wondering if she was alone the entire time since in the movie someone is standing with her. I doubt a 5 (?) year old would last long by herself.

she was dropped off into the hands of Unkar Plutt ( the junk dealer) you hear his voice say " quiet girl...." and you see his blubbery hand holding her arm/hand. my friend the first viewing swore it was Lor San Tekka ( syndows character) but my second viewing i paid attention because i remembered the monster sounding voice "quiet girl"

thats why i doubt luke would drop her off in the hands of that scum bag... her growing up with Plutt now explains why she knows everything about the garbage falcon. plus he's made her fix all kind of things on it, along with couple of upgrades

Remember they scrapped the script and then had kasden to do a rewrite without pushing back production.

That doesn't take away the fact that it was in production since before the sale to Disney, but even taking that into account, they still had 2 and a half years. Most movies, even big blockbusters, get at most 2 years.

That doesn't take away the fact that it was in production since before the sale to Disney, but even taking that into account, they still had 2 and a half years. Most movies, even big blockbusters, get at most 2 years.
So it was in production before they had a workable script?

I realize that most movies of this genre are made pretty quickly, but for the most part, they are garbage.

Look at fury road. It took forever to get made and it's a ridiculously tight film

So it was in production before they had a workable script?
I was including pre-production in that, so yes. GL was working on ep 7 from at least August of 2012, if the HF, MH, and CF are to be believed (and why would they lie?)

I realize that most movies of this genre are made pretty quickly, but for the most part, they are garbage.
For example?

I was including pre-production in that, so yes. GL was working on ep 7 from at least August of 2012, if the HF, MH, and CF are to be believed (and why would they lie?)

For example?
MCU, transformers, star trek, every action reboot out there.

MCU, transformers, star trek, every action reboot out there.

I won't say your alone in thinking those movies you listed are crap, but you have a very small crowd who are with you in that assessment (with the exception of transformers, of course): The MCU is almost universally loved (with the exception of 1 or 2 of them); Star Trek is only hated by ST fanboys; and there are plenty of action movie reboots that are enjoyed by many. All movies are subjective anyway (I'm sure there are even 1 or 2 people who think Gigli is a good movie) so listing movies is kinda non-representative of the point.

No matter how long they took on tfa, i agree that it felt rushed. It still felt like Star Wars to me, but some of the dialogue seemed shallow (for lack of a better term), and some of the editing was... rushed. For the record i still dig it, and will see it for the 7th time soon. If a few more months gives them time to tighten things up, i can wait happily.

Maybe someone woke up and decided they shouldn't also just copy ESB?

I think that TFA has enough ESB elements in it. It´s been one of the most critizised points that our heroes are right back to the where they started out in the whole story, and so are they in ESB. Everything had been reset at the end of ESB, Luke was crippled, Han was kidnapped, the rebellion lost an important base. Was there an overall objective/goal for the rebellion in ESB, btw? I can´t remember anything of importance for the Rebel cause besides getting Luke trained into a Jedi Knight, which he totally blew in the end. ESB had a crappy ending! says the 10 y.o. me. The 44 y.o. me says "yay! what an interesting and emotionally moving movie!"

And isn´t TFA in the same league? The Starkiller base has been destroyed, but its not a real victory. Han is dead, Finn is seemingly close to death, the capital of the New Republic has been destroyed, Kylo Ren knows about Rey being jedi-capable and for sure will hunt her down or have people hunt her (bounty hunter, anyone? maybe the return of Boba Fett? ) Rey finds Luke, yeah, so the McGuffin of TFA had been found, but its not known what Luke will do or why he really left.
So, in TFA we are in almost the same situation as we were in ESB. It´s like the gun´s been loaded, the trigger ******. But if you don´t care about the characters, then of course the story is not for you. I for one are really, really curious how Rey will do, what Luke´s got up his Jedi sleeves. I must say that Finn was a bit of a disappointment, despite his character development in the movie. His character felt a bit tagged on in the end, which IMO is often a problem in a third act when you get multiple characters with similar capabilities.

So yes, IMO TFA lends from ESB, too.

Maybe if Crylo Ren had a little friend, he wouldn't be so angry.

ef0489cb78a7784857f8ad10fb24634d.jpg

[emoji14][emoji14][emoji14]

Reel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watch this ASAP. Whether you hated ep7 or loved it!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdYWOoY1-X0

Soo... There were a lot of people confused about a lot of things in this movie... Kylo's lines about the "light again". His conflict. How does he know soo much about Rey? His odd speach when he kills his father???

Why does Rey have odd visions? Did the saber do it? The force ITSELF???

Why does luke completely turn his back on everyone and everything for "NO REASON"?????????

Holy crap.

I think this guy nails it. It really makes perfect sense.... It's soo DAMNED obvious. Yet No one saw it.

KYLO is the one who left Rey on Jakku......

(Her force vision was NOT created by Luke's saber. It was more of a flashback. With some premonition sprinkled in. She was actually THERE in everything she saw, but from when she was a small child. The Knights of Ren in the rain... Everything)

Kylo spared her and hid her away from the Purge of the new Jedi order because......

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUNNNN.....

She IS Kylo's cousin, ie Luke's daughter.

Luke comes back to find the new Jedi temple destroyed and that no one was left alive.

He couldn't even save his own daughter.

He gives up.

VOILA.

When he sees her with his lightsaber.

THE FORCE AWAKENS.

I now like this movie at least twice as much if this is true.

Last edited:
Soo... There were a lot of people confused about a lot of things in this movie... Kylo's lines about the "light again". His conflict.

Why does Rey have odd visions? Did the saber do it? The force ITSELF???

Why does luke completely turn his back for "NO REASON"?????????

Holy crap.

I think this guy nails it. It really makes perfect sense....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdYWOoY1-X0

It's soo DAMNED obvious. Yet No one saw it.

KYLO is the one who left Rey on Jakku......

(Her force vision was NOT created by Luke's saber. It was more of a flashback. She was actually THERE in everything she saw, but from when she was a small child. The Knights of Ren in the rain... Everything)

Kylo spared her and hid her away from the Purge of the new Jedi order because......

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUNNNN.....

She IS Kylo's cousin, ie Luke's daughter.

Luke comes back to find the new Jedi temple destroyed and that no one was left alive.

He couldn't even save his own daughter.

He gives up.

VOILA.

When he sees her with his lightsaber.

THE FORCE AWAKENS.

I now like this movie at least twice as much if this is true.

It's an interesting theory, but it's missing 2 factors: their age difference is not that much so assuming Kylo is the man in the mask we see in the flashback he'd have to be in his late teens. Saying he is 18 would put Rey around 8 years old at the time of the flashbacks, which would leave her old enough to have a recollection of the events that took place. If you want to go with the memory wipe scenario then Kylo would not only have to wipe her memory, but either leave her with some of those memories or replace her memories, because she makes comments during the movie that suggests she remembers her parents.

Also it doesn't make sense, in my mind, in relation to the interrogation scene. Why wouldn't Kylo address her directly? Or use some of her past as leverage against her? They hinted in the movie that Kylo might know her, but I'm still not completely sold on that. He never acts like he knows her when they come in contact throughout the film.

I still have no idea what her lineage is, but I still lean towards her being a Kenobi because I think it would make the most sense in relation to the events in TFA.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back