Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Pre-release)

Nice post. Sadly is as vacant and weak as your position. It says nothing about the real argument here. You indeed stood behind those who critiqued without seeing it. You validated their critique so, YOU are critiquing without seeing it. On top of that you show just what little integrity you have. Are you familiar with integrity and honesty? Trying to act like you have indeed effectively contradict what I say is just making your hole bigger. But not to worry, you will have the same, usual drones giving you likes, pats in your back and even little cute hearts.

You lied about not critiquing the movie. A silly movie. Shame on you guy, shame on you. Have fun collecting your likes and cute hearts.

Last edited:
To my knowledge Axlotl never critiqued the movie but merely commented that he thought, like I do, that it sounded bad. I did down vote it in the poll on the post release thread because it's a movie poll, not a presidential election and the movie sounds awful.

Whether you feel my choice to participate in the poll or even the post release thread is less valid then you are entitled you your opinion.

So Psaab, you think that giving likes almost exclusively to negative critiques is NOT validating said critique. In other words siding with this critique, which was given by people who never saw the movie, not the same as critiquing it, without seeing it?? That how it goes?

I'm not even sure he even knew I down voted in the poll until I posted that information just now. Everyone is entitled to think whatever they want about these movies, whether for or against.

My arguments against the film were based in this thread before the film opened, based on the leaks from 6 months ago, confirmed by all the TV spots and trailers. Whether he or anyone else agrees with me (or likes my posts or whatever) doesn't validate my opinion. It just shows that not everyone is a fan of the new movies.

Besides my critique in the post release thread was more an overall perspective on the sequel trilogy as a whole and pretty general at that.

This is not a capital crime anyone is committing. It's a movie for crying out loud.

So Psaab, you think that giving likes almost exclusively to negative critiques is NOT validating said critique. In other words siding with this critique, which was given by people who never saw the movie, not the same as critiquing it, without seeing it?? That how it goes?

Wait a minute... Psab just admitted to downvoting in the poll despite having not seen the movie!
He's the personication of the 'evil' you're trying to 'expose'.
I didn't even vote in the poll! Yet he's the 'good guy' you're going to turn to to validate your opinion in your attempt to villify ME???
Lol! Your brain is a bag of cats, man! :lol:

No. My brain is fine as it was my initial opinion. I was wrong about one thing though and its not about my opinion of you. That I stand behind completely. Nor about what I said initially about voting down the movie without seeing it. I was called a liar, I wasn't. I was right. That one thing I was wrong about I will keep for myself..... One thing I learned though is not blindly believing what could be a positive opinion about another member. There are always surprises, but hey its a movie after all!!! No harm done.

Psab keel Have you been independently going around liking posts without the proper supervision again?

EB214945-37D4-4AF6-9D87-01AF2CD6F347.jpeg

Staff can we have a drop down list compiled by a committee justifying a like given attached to the likes button to stamp out this outrageous behavior. I can only clutch at my pearls so many times.

Funny. You are a bit lost HeartBlade. The ones who have done what I said, which is a FACT, did it in the "Post Release" thread not this one. The argument just happened to occur here. No insults at all. In fact already one just accepted what I said to be true. He has his reasons though, but I still consider them to be contradictory. Fine with me but proves what I said to be true. Try reading the thread a bit more carefully next time.

Then have this argument in the post-release thread and not here. It’s incredibly obvious that you are just trying to stir things up because a lot of people who lost interest in the ST but like Star Wars are here.

Second point also confirms your ignorance. You yourself admit the points were raised in the post-release thread, not this thread so any “careful” reading of this thread will not tell us anything.

I strongly suggest you leave this thread Scarecrow Joe. You add no insight or value and are just trying to instigate arguments with bad points.

Let me clarify that, when I said "So Disney expends $275 million dollars and then insignificant youtubers make me wonder if going to the theater is worth my time", I meant that given the spoilers I have collected so far (some big some insignificant spoilers), the movie is not gonna surprise me very much. I wasn't thinking about the opinion of critics, haters, fanboys or whatever. I never listen to them.

Last edited:
Let me clarify that, when I said "So Disney expends $275 million dollars and then insignificant youtubers make me wonder if going to the theater is worth my time", I meant that given the spoilers I have collected so far (some big some insignificant spoilers), the movie is not gonna surprise me very much. I wasn't thinking about the opinion of critics, haters, fanboys or whatever. I never listen to them.

SirSandalot, do you think Disney screwed over RoS by releasing so many spoilers, both trailers and leaks? (I mean although we needed people to actually confirm the movie, we basically got the entire film spoiled at least a month in advance. Actually more since there seemed to be stuff that was left on the cutting room floor).

What I mean is if Disney dropped just 1 or 2 vague trailers and there were no leaks (or at least very minor), would you have been more or less inclined to go watch the movie?

SirSandalot, do you think Disney screwed over RoS by releasing so many spoilers, both trailers and leaks? (I mean although we needed people to actually confirm the movie, we basically got the entire film spoiled at least a month in advance. Actually more since there seemed to be stuff that was left on the cutting room floor).

What I mean is if Disney dropped just 1 or 2 vague trailers and there were no leaks (or at least very minor), would you have been more or less inclined to go watch the movie?

I guess I would've been more excited about going to see the movie. There were so many leaks that at one point I thought Disney was involved but I tried to stay away from them on youtube so it was never a problem for me. Then the trailers this last month before the release I was like "wow I wonder if they're gonna leave something for the theaters". So after all, I heard a few things, saw a few trailers but I wanted to go see the movie anyway. That said, I would0ve preferred to know absolutely nothing about it. Also, I confess that I lost interest after The Last Jedi. This trilogy is not for me. But it is the final episode, so... plus, this trilogy is aesthetically amazing. I love every single ship on screen. Well actually the proportions were exagerated in TLJ and I'm not fond of the new TIE Doritos but still, I find it aesthetically pleasant.

Now, the last week was miserable. People spoiling scenes or actions on youtube and instagram like it's the normal thing to do, and when confronted they all say the same thing. Basically it's your fault for not having seen the movie yet (I got that answer on Dec 21st!!!), or it's your fault for getting into social media or youtube, or it's your fault that you care so much... it's never their fault you know what I mean?. One guy even told me: "if a movie is good enough, you will enjoy it regardless of the spoilers". I'm still processing that one. Like, dude, the first watching is a unique experience! You can watch a movie at home countless times but you only discover a movie once. It's amazing what people say to justify themselves. I'm using an anti-spoilers chrome extension and yet people use actual footage for their youtube video thumbnails. Footage showing something that spoils this or that. Youtube needs a spoiler alert button!

The spoilers is what almost got me to decide to not go see the movie. But it's the final episode, so I feel like I gotta go.

Can't we just agree on a spoiler-free timing table? Like:

Theatrical release: the two first weekends must be spoiler free. Also the week inbetween, obviously.
Streaming platform, weekly episodes: two days after release.
Streaming platform, full season release: again, two weekends.

The internet needs that :lol:

Last edited:
Wow! I decided to check out from the RPF for Christmas and missed this epic "discussion". Really guys? On Christmas?!
I spent 3 days with my family and do you know what we did? Argued about Star Wars while getting drunk and stoned around a campfire! I can't escape it. :lol: (y)

Wow! I decided to check out from the RPF for Christmas and missed this epic "discussion". Really guys? On Christmas?!
I spent 3 days with my family and do you know what we did? Argued about Star Wars while getting drunk and stoned around a campfire! I can't escape it. :lol: (y)
Arguing about Star Wars is a surprisingly traditional Christmas activity.

I agree. I just got to see this finally. Broke my damn foot last thursday and only recently have been able to get that far without a lot of pain. I looked in the post-release thread and had to go back 4 pages to find a couple posts on the actual movie. The rest is people arguing over their opinions or whether or not they've been insulted. It's disappointing on so many levels.

Spoilers weren't hard to avoid. I read the one like a year ago about the FO getting everything done via slave labor etc (not true) and then simply didn't read anything that even implied it was spoilery. The only think i think LFL gave away that they shouldn't was bring Ian on stage at celebration. I can't think of anything off hand in trailers that was a spoiler, really. But if you want to avoid spoilers, you know what to avoid. It's 100% on you if you click the youtube link title 'bobs inside info on ROS' or whatever they call it.

I guess I would've been more excited about going to see the movie. There were so many leaks that at one point I thought Disney was involved but I tried to stay away from them on youtube so it was never a problem for me. Then the trailers this last month before the release I was like "wow I wonder if they're gonna leave something for the theaters". So after all, I heard a few things, saw a few trailers but I wanted to go see the movie anyway. That said, I would0ve preferred to know absolutely nothing about it. Also, I confess that I lost interest after The Last Jedi. This trilogy is not for me. But it is the final episode, so... plus, this trilogy is aesthetically amazing. I love every single ship on screen. Well actually the proportions were exagerated in TLJ and I'm not fond of the new TIE Doritos but still, I find it aesthetically pleasant.

Now, the last week was miserable. People spoiling scenes or actions on youtube and instagram like it's the normal thing to do, and when confronted they all say the same thing. Basically it's your fault for not having seen the movie yet (I got that answer on Dec 21st!!!), or it's your fault for getting into social media or youtube, or it's your fault that you care so much... it's never their fault you know what I mean?. One guy even told me: "if a movie is good enough, you will enjoy it regardless of the spoilers". I'm still processing that one. Like, dude, the first watching is a unique experience! You can watch a movie at home countless times but you only discover a movie once. It's amazing what people say to justify themselves. I'm using an anti-spoilers chrome extension and yet people use actual footage for their youtube video thumbnails. Footage showing something that spoils this or that. Youtube needs a spoiler alert button!

The spoilers is what almost got me to decide to not go see the movie. But it's the final episode, so I feel like I gotta go.

Can't we just agree on a spoiler-free timing table? Like:

Theatrical release: the two first weekends must be spoiler free. Also the week inbetween, obviously.
Streaming platform, weekly episodes: two days after release.
Streaming platform, full season release: again, two weekends.

The internet needs that :lol:

Yeah I can get behind that. It should be common courtesy that at least a month after the release of a movie, you should not be allowed to give spoilers since doing so does hurt the movie’s box office.

Unfortunately, YouTube and media do rely on shock and having the “latest information” to get views. They can easily rationalize it as if I’m not doing it, someone else will.

Do we hurt things by giving spoilers more than the media at large?

I saw headlines day 1 at 8am that would do more damage as a #$%load more people see them than what's written here. They weren't spoilery or anything, but i literally saw 'review of the disappointing final chapter of SW' and another that said '10 ways ROS fails' etc.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back