Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Pre-release)

LOL! Nice way of acting like you don't know..... Don't play the fool, lets be grown ups here. BTW, you saw it yet?

Lol, yourself. Nice attempt at deflection. Afraid to name names, or are you just pulling "facts" out your backside?

And I've made it perfectly clear that I have no intention of paying to see this movie. Frankly not really interested in even seeing it for free.

Lol, yourself. Nice attempt at deflection. Afraid to name names, or are you just pulling "facts" out your backside?

And I've made it perfectly clear that I have no intention of paying to see this movie. Frankly not really interested in even seeing it for free.

We have one!! Sorry if the shoe fits but it is what it is. A completely absurd thing to give negative critiques to something you have not seen. That is the very definition of toxic fandom IMO.

Not making accusations. These people have themselves said they will not see the movie because of all the overused same arguments, YET give opinions based on reviews OTHERS like in YouTube have posted. You know who they are! Their posts are there, if you like go look for them. You know its true. I will not turn this personal as you so desperately want. No wonder you were told to stop in that thread. Will not say anything more about it. People have critiqued the movie without seeing it and that is a FACT. They even voted in the poll under the Its bad selection! LOL!! I respect much more anyone who see it and then gives critiques. That's the logical thing to do....
I actually think you were being told to stop in that thread. Dont think I didnt know what you were trying to do with your fake outrage and sudden determination to try and make what I was saying was a breach of forum rules. Your own words highlight your ridiculous position here. I dont need to add anything further.

Your own words highlight your ridiculous position here. I dont need to add anything further.

Really? LOL! You don't need is the incorrect term....the correct one is you don't HAVE anything to add. Refer to your buddy's post above to find one of those who engaged in the "smart" move of critiquing without even seeing. Was I lying?? Nope. Have a nice day!!

I negatively reviewed it and never saw it. I didn't need to. I read the leaks 6 months ago and when each part was confirmed by every new trailer it sounded awful so I chose not to see it. I never hid that fact.

I never claimed superiority over anyone either. In fact I've often laughed at my own absurdity at many points. I just expressed an opinion, which apparently I'm not welcome to do unless it's anything but glowing.

I chose to vote with my wallet.

Really? LOL! You don't need is the incorrect term....the correct one is you don't HAVE anything to add. Refer to your buddy's post above to find one of those who engaged in the "smart" move of critiquing without even seeing. Was I lying?? Nope. Have a nice day!!
You really are choosing to die on THIS hill arent you. Good luck with that.

Nope. Frustrated much? Well as I said to your buddy, choose your arguments and battles better.

Scarecrow Joe, no idea who you are but this is the pre-release thread. No one here has seen the movie so critiques are based on speculation and leaks.

Going through the thread, I don’t see anyone who claimed to have seen the movie early and critique it as definitely bad. Many, myself included, have concluded that it will likely be poor though given the leaks and the limited number of threads J.J. has to work with given TLJ.

So don’t go insulting others as making false claims in the pre-release thread when you don’t have proof to back up your claims.

Nope. Frustrated much? Well as I said to your buddy, choose your arguments and battles better.

You have claimed that I have negatively critiqued this movie.
I deny that I have negatively critiqued this movie.
I cannot provide proof that I didn't, therefore the burden of proof is on YOU.
You can't refuse to provide proof and then claim victory.
That's not how it works.
If you cannot provide proof of your claim, you have LOST the argument.

Funny. You are a bit lost HeartBlade. The ones who have done what I said, which is a FACT, did it in the "Post Release" thread not this one. The argument just happened to occur here. No insults at all. In fact already one just accepted what I said to be true. He has his reasons though, but I still consider them to be contradictory. Fine with me but proves what I said to be true. Try reading the thread a bit more carefully next time.

You have claimed that I have negatively critiqued this movie.
I deny that I have negatively critiqued this movie.
I cannot provide proof that I didn't, therefore the burden of proof is on YOU.
You can't refuse to provide proof and then claim victory.
That's not how it works.
If you cannot provide proof of your claim, you have LOST the argument.

If that line of thinking happens to fulfill you, good. You have liked EVERY post made by these guys, who have not seen the movie, doing so validating what these people posted. The same people who claim not seeing it but yet voting it down. If you stand behind those arguments it means you are also negatively critiquing the movie......or are you going to tell me otherwise? Not that complicated..... Please have some integrity, just a little bit. Its a silly thing acting like you are over a movie. I respect Psaab Keel because he indeed has that integrity. You lost the argument as soon as you decided to post here.

Last edited:
If that line of thinking happens to fulfill you, good. You have liked EVERY post made by these guys, who have not seen the movie, doing so validating what these people posted. The same people who claim not seeing it but yet voting it down. If you stand behind those arguments it means you are also negatively critiquing the movie......or are you going to tell me otherwise? Not that complicated..... Please have some integrity, just a little bit. Its a silly thing acting like you are over a movie. I respect Psaab Keel because he indeed has that integrity. You lost the argument as soon as you decided to post here.

Let's see... deflection, strawman, moving the goal posts, ad hominem... have I missed any?*
You lost the argument as soon as you decided to start one.
You don't even know what an argument IS, much less how to win one.
Are you familiar with the metaphor about playing chess with a pigeon?
Arguing with you is like playing chess with a pigeon. :lol:

*False equivalency. You're batting 1000, Strawman Joe!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back