Interest The Pink Panther "DIAMOND"!!! Hand-Carved Crystal Glass w/ 3D Laser Etched Panther!!!

Who is interested in the "Pink Panther DIAMOND"?!!!...

I've loved the Pink Panther movies since I was a kid in the 80's, and I'm thinking about making the one pictured below.

The one below has the actual cartoon Pink Panther etched into it, which is from an animated intro to one of the movies, but in one of the films it is mentioned to have a "flaw or inclusion" that looks like a Panther leaping, hence calling it the "Pink Panther Diamond".

So, being a fan of Jewelry Heist movies, I'm interested in making the Pink Diamond below with an abstract flaw that looks like a Panther leaping.

Measurements: 60mm x 40mm x 30mm

It will be Hand-cut Crystal Glass with a Laser-etched 3D image of an abstract image of a Panther leaping.

Price: Estimated to be around $90 USD, maybe less... Will know final price when factory receives designs.

I'll provide updates and final designs when I have them!

Post below if you want on the list! :cool: (y)

View attachment 1606118

Interest List:
1. strategicgfy
2. glottis
3. blobcat
4. timw1031
5. Treeman
6. ZombieBait
7. Foe Hammer
8. MandoJedi
9. Movie Magic
10. propmaker3000
11. Diabhal
12. zort173
13. bill313
14. shpider
15. asavage (x2)
16. probablyjarrett (x2)
17. Macorrie
18. goldcylon
19. Macorrie
20. Guardian Devil
21. Tommy
22. Oxford
23. blastmaster
24. adorman1
25. scottsusernames
26. poormansjb
27. TomVDJ
28. ataru72ita
29. HighlanderFX
30. katmax (x2)
31. Doug13031
32. loriruadh@gmail.com

If you end up doing the Return version, I'll be happy to bump mine up to two.

Also, Return (along with the original) is currently free on YouTube (diamond appearances starting at 0:01:08, 0:09:42, 1:42:45, and 1:48:29).

Edit: Its free viewing period has expired, but the above timestamps may still be useful for anyone seeking out the scenes.

Last edited:
UPDATE:

So, I've been trying to decide what version to go with on this project...

I would prefer to go with a screen-used version, instead of the Pink version I have in my first interest post...

Does anyone know why the Diamond, in the film "Return of the Pink Panther", is not PINK?...

I love the size and shape of this diamond the best, but it looked like just a huge Clear Diamond...

I think this shape is the best one to go with and would be the best candidate to have the 'Leaping Panther' Laser-Engraved in its' center...
Plus, the bottom does look similar to the photo below...

If I did go with this shape, should I keep it 'Clear', or go with 'Light Pink' color? It will be a 'lighter' pink than in this photo...

98021f6f893ff4c069654926a16a6b6f.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone know why the Diamond, in the film "Return of the Pink Panther", is not PINK?...
The impression I always got from Return was that the flaw in its center is pink.

Is that doable to somehow color the engraving but not the surrounding medium? If so, that would be my vote.

Otherwise, I'd personally prefer keeping it clear, but I'd still give it consideration if it's a very faint pink.

The impression I always got from Return was that the flaw in its center is pink.

Is that doable to somehow color the engraving but not the surrounding medium? If so, that would be my vote.

Otherwise, I'd personally prefer keeping it clear, but I'd still give it consideration if it's a very faint pink.
There's no way to just make the engraving pink...
I asked the factory if they could do a very light pink crystal color, and should hear back from them on Monday.

There's no way to just make the engraving pink...
I asked the factory if they could do a very light pink crystal color, and should hear back from them on Monday.
Understandable.

As far as shade, my suggestion would be something along the lines of the Hortensia diamond, part of the French Crown Jewels in the Louvre:

Hortensia diamond - Louvre.jpg

Edit: This also squares reasonably with the opening shot. Granted, that hue was probably due to lighting, but then again, the lighting in the heist scene was very blue, so I think there is a little wiggle room as far as screen-accuracy.
Return of the Pink Panter - opening diamond.jpg

Last edited:
Understandable.

As far as shade, my suggestion would be something along the lines of the Hortensia diamond, part of the French Crown Jewels in the Louvre:

Edit: This also squares reasonably with the opening shot. Granted, that hue was probably due to lighting, but then again, the lighting in the heist scene was very blue, so I think there is a little wiggle room as far as screen-accuracy.
I'm thinking this color will probably be the one we'll be able to get closest to...

947093-1118.jpg

If memory serves, the original diamond was indeed pink however, in subsequent movies it evolved into an inclusion in the diamond in the shape of a panther.

UPDATE:

So, I've been trying to decide what version to go with on this project...

I would prefer to go with a screen-used version, instead of the Pink version I have in my first interest post...

I love the size and shape of this diamond the best, but it looked like just a huge Clear Diamond...

I think this shape is the best one to go with and would be the best candidate to have the 'Leaping Panther' Laser-Engraved in its' center...
Plus, the bottom does look similar to the photo below...

If I did go with this shape, should I keep it 'Clear', or go with 'Light Pink' color? It will be a 'lighter' pink than in this photo...

View attachment 1671233

A very faint pink color would be most accurate. Don't forget how colors are washed out on screen. That's my justification for the apparent lack of pinkness. In reality, the screen-used prop was probably just a "close enough" chunk of crystal that looked like a big diamond that they could get their hands on...there is obviously no continuity between the "original" and "return" props. Google the original pink panther necklace prop from the original movie...yes, it is darker pink than the arguably clear (faint pink?) "Returns" diamond prop, so to me, any manifestation of a Pink Panther Diamond has to be some shade of pink. Furthermore, keep in mind that in reality, natural pink diamonds are faint, not bright pink. Vivid pink color comes from human enhancement via irradiating. Check out the real-life "largest pink diamond ever found" (in Australia) - the Argyle Pink Jubilee diamond (8.01 carats). My preference / request is for a very faint pink color and the "Returns" shape/size, as you propose. :)

Faint pink with size and shape of the return version seems like the best compromise to me seeing as the inconsistencies between movies pretty much makes a single perfect prop replica impossible. And the most important part that makes it stand out is the panther anyways.

Between the two options, I'm still voting clear, but I'll probably go for one either way.

I appreciate you allowing us input on your decision-making.

Between the two options, I'm still voting clear, but I'll probably go for one either way.

I appreciate you allowing us input on your decision-making.
This is why I'm trying to make it a 'Light Pink'. Even the picture above, I believe they increased the saturation on the color for the photo.
So, I'm pretty sure it won't be as radiant as a pink as it shows in the photo, but a much lighter pink.

I don't think that the factory will properly interpret what "Faint" or "Light" is and will try to make it darker (as shown in their photo) in a misguided attempt to get you what they think you want. Like when my wife orders a pizza with "very light" cheese and without parsley but gets medium cheese and some other green herb sprinkled all over.
Bottom line: As long as it is not darker pink than their photo, I'll still order one. If you decide to go clear, I'm still in.
You rock for doing this. Good luck!!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back