The Rise of Skywalker: Episode IX Graflex

I have a tough time seeing this design NOT breaking...unless this one grip is machined aluminum for strength.
I agree! It seems very thin and would need to be made from something pretty strong to hold up to clipping it on a belt. Metal seems like the only way to go.

I feel like studying pictures of The Holiday Lightsaber was like Little Caesars Pizza, its okay I guess, it IS pizza after all. But now we have some delicious Chicago style deep dish to drool over with the new Graflex.

...I'm waiting for the delivery person to show up with my pizza, can you tell?

Yeah, I REALLY dislike the belt clip grip.

Will hold opinions on the clamp until I get a better look.

Not really interested in seeing this movie, though. Like, at all. I wish that weren't the case.

I think the repaired saber is very cool. I like the band. I wish it was more copper than oil-rubbed bronze. The layered detail is nice. The control box itself looks like the prequel LED bars. Interesting take on the belt-grip-slot thingy. Why not. Another new detail. The bottom also looks like a clean flat piece with no details. It would be cool if she did end up making her own version. Maybe take parts from her blaster to make one. I'm looking forward to more detail and of course building one to include in my collection.

57092924_2059900184304007_8394427848189804544_n.jpg

So... we went from "OW! These grips hurt!" from like every actor who's swung a GRAFLEX lightsaber, so much so that a foam handled stunt had to be created, to:

"Hey! I've got a brilliant idea on how to hang the GRAFLEX on a belt all by itself! Let's put a sharp-pointed metal grip strip on one side and it can slide over the belt like a pocket knife clip!"

STUPID!

I can't believe they actually Band-Aided the GRAFLEX, if that's what we're seeing and it's not a homage build by Rey, I'm beside myself with the lack of imagination in not only the prop department, but the entire team responsible for this storyline. They should be as ashamed of themselves as Rian should be for tearing the GRAFLEX in half in the first place.

Like there's not a single shard of crystal left in the Star Wars galaxy for a Force user to create a new lightsaber with. Especially not in a BIG OLE DEATH STAR that used them to create the ultimate power in the universe! No, of course there wouldn't be even one little bitty bit of a crystal left there or even a bit of crystal that went flying into Yavin or Endor. Nor in a container headed to build the next even bigger Death Star (you know there was one out there! ;) ). Looks like Rey already has the repaired GRAFLEX on her hip when they see it, so, who knows why they're there, whereever there is. And NOONE EVER made a synthetic crystal. NOPE!

With the myriad of unique lightsabers created by fans over the last 42 years, how could those involved with creating Episode IX not have drawn inspiration from them and given Rey a lightsaber of her own. They make her out to be SO wonderful, yet all she can come up with is a Band-Aided GRAFLEX.

WEAK!

Star Wars movies are dead. Long Live the Expanded Universe. Off to read a book written when Star Wars meant something to those that wrote it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back