Limited Run Wolverine Origins custom fit leather jacket

These are all pics of the right hand sleeve to compare to yours. Dip needed to be at lowest point where back of hand would be while wearing. IMG_2628.JPGIMG_2629.JPGIMG_2630.JPG

You have to talk to your guy about consistency. He's changing things not asked for. He also straightened out the front zippers a bit. Looked better on the last version. they have a distinct angle. That's the way things go with patterns. Fix one thing, but inadvertently mess up something else. A lot to keep track of, especially when trying to match something this specific.

Make you pull your hair out.

I'll be sure the jacket length and the sleeve caps are right. I'll look at the zippers again, I thought he did a good job matching the movie look but I admit that was without directly comparing them. They'll match.

I'll be verifying with my manufacturer all the details with the jacket back (length and shape of the kidney panel), the cuffs (shape and placement) and I'll double check on the zippers. I'm 100% confident he'll be able to get them to match exactly.

Updates!

Not sure yet if the sleeve caps are fixed, waiting for him to respond on that. But the back/kidney piece has been modified.

z2.JPG

z old new.jpg

On the left is the picture I uploaded before, on the right is the fixed version.

Length:
z1.JPG
25.5", if the measuring tape were lying flat. That's exactly the right height for me for the tail of the jacket to just cover the top of my belt. So I'm pretty sure his mannequin isn't 6"3".

Edit: He says the sleeve cuffs were also fixed. Here's the change, they seem to be facing the right way now.

Cuff Comp.jpg

Last edited:
Loving the look of the jacket! Though I seem to miss the collar snap and the pocket zippers seem to be reversed as in, when the pockets are closed the zippers should be at the bottom. Apart from that I think it looks great!

Loving the look of the jacket! Though I seem to miss the collar snap and the pocket zippers seem to be reversed as in, when the pockets are closed the zippers should be at the bottom. Apart from that I think it looks great!

If the snap isn't on the collar, it will be (is it visible in the movie on the outside?).

The zippers aren't reversed, they're just open for some reason. If you zoom in on the picture you can see the teeth are apart.

Aaah I stand corrected! I didn't saw it was open!

About the collar snap's visibilty I always believed it was visible but I'm sure someone else here knows the jacket a lot better then I do and can give the answer!

Aaah I stand corrected! I didn't saw it was open!

About the collar snap's visibilty I always believed it was visible but I'm sure someone else here knows the jacket a lot better then I do and can give the answer!

I'm home now and was able to check, you are right that it should be visible on the outside. Very easy fix of course.

That new one is looking much better. (EDIT: Snaps are visible like you have them on previous model. Easy fix.)

Is the color set? Can't see it in the pic so double check that the chest seam detail is present. (See pic)

Was wondering if the panels could go a little darker and less yellow? Otherwise I'm sure any of us can distress it to get it darker.

Looking real good. BTW- What size is that one?

That new one is looking much better. (EDIT: Snaps are visible like you have them on previous model. Easy fix.)

Is the color set? Can't see it in the pic so double check that the chest seam detail is present. (See pic)

Was wondering if the panels could go a little darker and less yellow? Otherwise I'm sure any of us can distress it to get it darker.

Looking real good. BTW- What size is that one?

Here's a photoshop combining the newest photos with the colors of the prototype, which is what will be on the final jackets:

Complete.jpg

Snap on the neck will be visible. For the chest seam detail, you mean the line running from the collar to the sleeve, which matches up with the outermost ring of the rings on the shoulder? I think it's on there, but the lighting makes it pretty hard to tell. It will be on the list for double-checking when the orders are made.

This is custom sized to me, and I'm like... a large in the shoulders and arm length, but a medium at the chest and a small at the waist and arm thickness (I'm over 6'2" and weigh about 150 lbs).

OK, I thought this was being worked out as a standard size. How exactly is this going to work if the prototype is already being altered for a custom before it's all set? Normally the pattern is fixed at say a size 42 or 44 then you'd size it up/down and go custom after that. Confused as to how anyone can place an order without set specs to base off of.

OK, I thought this was being worked out as a standard size. How exactly is this going to work if the prototype is already being altered for a custom before it's all set? Normally the pattern is fixed at say a size 42 or 44 then you'd size it up/down and go custom after that. Confused as to how anyone can place an order without set specs to base off of.

It's probably close to a modified medium? I can ask what size it's closest to, but I don't understand the problem. What measurements are you concerned will be incorrect?

The custom fit will be our measurements but fit the same way it fit Hugh, correct? I think that's what is confusing him. Say it hangs just above Hugh's belt, take someone's body measurements to fit where it hangs from THEIR belt. Right? Take Hugh's dimensions vs. the jacket dimensions, and add that formula to anyone's dimensions. That's how I see it anyway :)

The custom fit will be our measurements but fit the same way it fit Hugh, correct? I think that's what is confusing him. Say it hangs just above Hugh's belt, take someone's body measurements to fit where it hangs from THEIR belt. Right? Take Hugh's dimensions vs. the jacket dimensions, and add that formula to anyone's dimensions. That's how I see it anyway :)

That's how I see it, too. It will come to the belt, regardless of what size you are. The sleeves will be long enough that the cuffs reach partway onto the back of the hand, past the wrist. The shoulders and chest will be custom sized to the customer.

However, I know encased has experience with pattern making and there's a chance he's aware of a sizing issue I don't really know to look for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I believe the original was a size 44 for Hugh. So technically if we're trying to match the look for shapes and length you would create an identical size too get that all spot on. So I guess I would need to know what measurements you gave him for your size to see where this jacket lands. With patterns, taking in only the waist by a couple inches can alter the pattern drastically.

You're just slightly taller than me and I also have large shoulders but I run a 44-46 " chest. So if your length and shoulders match, the chest measurement change alone can throw a ton of things out of whack when altered. That's why it's usually best for a run of anything to do a 1:1 match 1st and then let the custom changes factor in afterwards. What we have here now appears to be a custom jacket to you that now everyone else will need to figure out how to adjust for their own size while trying to stay accurate to the look.

Can you provide the specs for the current one and also the size info you provided to him. That will help me judge what size this is closest to and what will be different and by how much.

Patterns are like dominoes. Change one thing and it affects the next and so on. I'm hoping this one's measurements aren't too far off a standard size.

Well, I believe the original was a size 44 for Hugh. So technically if we're trying to match the look for shapes and length you would create an identical size too get that all spot on. So I guess I would need to know what measurements you gave him for your size to see where this jacket lands. With patterns, taking in only the waist by a couple inches can alter the pattern drastically.

You're just slightly taller than me and I also have large shoulders but I run a 44-46 " chest. So if your length and shoulders match, the chest measurement change alone can throw a ton of things out of whack when altered. That's why it's usually best for a run of anything to do a 1:1 match 1st and then let the custom changes factor in afterwards. What we have here now appears to be a custom jacket to you that now everyone else will need to figure out how to adjust for their own size while trying to stay accurate to the look.

Can you provide the specs for the current one and also the size info you provided to him. That will help me judge what size this is closest to and what will be different and by how much.

Patterns are like dominoes. Change one thing and it affects the next and so on. I'm hoping this one's measurements aren't too far off a standard size.

I'll get the actual measurements of this one for you, as well as the ones I gave him (they're on my computer, I'm on my phone). I'll be sure to discuss with him keeping the proportions right.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back