Y-Wing Building

I guess I just don't care...:)

That's cool for you, but that would be better for us to have hi rez pic to judge how good your cockpit is. A bit like the TIE cockpit you posted a while back. It looks pretty fine but the quality of the pic is terrible and we cant judge how good it is (even if I know it's good, since that's a John's master).

Maybe you dont care but you dont do it for youserlf, please do it for other members... reduce the size of your pics !

Thanks DARKSIDE72 ! :)

Last edited:
that's cool for you, but that would be better for us to have hi rez pic to judge how good your cockpit is. A bit like the tie cockpit you posted a while back. It looks pretty fine but the quality of the pic is terrible and we cant judge how good it is (even if i know it's good, since that's a john's master).

Maybe you dont care but you dont do it for youserlf, please do it for other members... Reduce the size of your pics !

Thanks darkside72 ! :)
:confused

:confused Am I the only one to got a 3264*2448 pxl pic on my screen ?

No mate, your not the only one, I was thinking of having it printed & using it to cover one of my walls at home :lol, I think its a protest to people that use dial up??? I think it will be resized soon enough as I'm sure that was just a bit of fun?

To zoom your monitor out, just hit CTRL and the button to the left of the +/= button. That will reduce the size of your screen. Then to zoom in hit CTRL and the +/= button a few times.

Brad

Guys, just save the pic to your hard drive and open it in your favorite image viewer and resize to your liking... It just took me 1.5 seconds - it's a superb c'pit Jamie!!! :thumbsup

Guys, just save the pic to your hard drive and open it in your favorite image viewer and resize to your liking... It just took me 1.5 seconds - it's a superb c'pit Jamie!!! :thumbsup

Glad you appreciate it so far Dan, thanks. :) Just wait until John, Flint and myself are done with it. :cool

Wow, great work going on here. Nice job with the head section Jamie. Who's producing the kits. Steve?

Hey Dan those pics of your Y are terrific. With all those shelves of kits in the background it looks like you are living in the old the ILM modelshop!

N

Wow, great work going on here. Nice job with the head section Jamie. Who's producing the kits. Steve?

Hey Dan those pics of your Y are terrific. With all those shelves of kits in the background it looks like you are living in the old the ILM modelshop!

N

Thanks Nick,

Yea Steve will be doing the master castings. But unlike the past all future offerings will be done on a limited run offer. No wait times, no getting behind, and one subject at a time for so many months/weeks. One pays, the kit ships.

J

I was about to lose hope last night, but while I was falling asleep I had some ideas. I worked almost all day, and here's what I have (see attachments). The rest of the head is drawn - I just have not put it into 3D yet and I am out of time today. All I need to do is continue in the same fashion until it is finished (canopy included).

The 3D printer guy is on vacation this week, so hopefully by next week it will all be ready for him. I'll be getting all the fuselage parts (5) and head parts (3 or 4) printed - that is if the lab operator will answer his e-mails.

That's looking really good Flint !

Thanks, Julien! Here are some progress grabs. I can't work on it any more until next week because I am about to leave to Miami for the weekend. However, there is not much more to do and I should be able to finish it on Monday.

Thats looking wonderful, i think you have the head down perfect, and kudos for going at it as you have. Cant wait to see this made!

lee

Thats looking wonderful, i think you have the head down perfect, and kudos for going at it as you have. Cant wait to see this made!

lee

Thanks, Lee. Here is some more progress. Just a few minor things left to do, and I'll be calling the 3D printer tomorrow.

Thanks, Lee. Here is some more progress. Just a few minor things left to do, and I'll be calling the 3D printer tomorrow.

Sorry Ron but without the parts in hand one can play with CG all they like and end with what... guesstimations at best.

I just found out that what I thought I knew about the Y cockpit was false. Finally knowing what the interior parts were made all the difference.

Sorry Ron but without the parts in hand one can play with CG all they like and end with what... guesstimations at best.

I just found out that what I thought I knew about the Y cockpit was false. Finally knowing what the interior parts were made all the difference.

Jamie, I know that what I have comes down to guesstimation, but I am doing the best I can with what I have. I am not going to make a big deal about hunting down all the cockpit parts... not that big of deal to me. As far as the entire head section - if one doesn't have the studio model in hand, taking measurements off of it, then all one can do is guesstimate, right? I don't have access to that kind of reference. That said, I know the fuselage sections are very close because I have most of the parts to measure from. The head section also looks close enough to me for my purposes.

This is for MY Y Wing. I will not be buying a Y Kit because I have spent 11 years and a lot of money buying kit parts - not going to just forget about them and spend, what, another $1000 on a kit? I am going to make molds because I want to make more than just one, so if anyone asked me to make some castings for them I would be more than willing to.

When I started this CG I didn't know you were working on a kit - I am not making a kit and definitely not trying to step on anyone's toes. Just trying to show some of the work I've done to any who might be interested.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back