Limited Run Anakin Starkiller Luke ROTJ Hero Lightsaber Sign up List (Signup closed. Production has begun)

Of course I managed to mess up cutting my brass rails and don’t have enough now. Ace usually has that stuff right? Or HobbyLobby? Really dont wanna have to order it online.

Of course I managed to mess up cutting my brass rails and don’t have enough now. Ace usually has that stuff right? Or HobbyLobby? Really dont wanna have to order it online.
*call first* ;)
Some ace stores do, some don’t. Same goes for hobby lobby/hobby town

I actually just stripped mine—it turns out the the black sections had a few very minor paint runs which made themselves visible as very slightly raised areas of paint. Nothing you’d notice without paying attention, but enough to inspire me to try again. I may also give the Satin Canyon Black a try, this time. There was also a bit of chipping around the lower flange of the gold thin neck, and it would be easier to just repaint the whole area rather than try to build those chipped areas back up with additional layers of paint.

May as well wait for Halliwax’s next video before I repaint, too, just in case he has more pearls of wisdom.

If you have a Hobby Town in your area, yes (If in stock, of course).

I picked some extra rail there, yesterday, just in case, for under $4.00.

Of course, Amazon has it for $9.74, shipped, with Prime...

K&S Precision Metals 9880 Brass Angle, 1/8" x .014" Wall Thickness X 300mm Long, 1 Piece per Pack, Made in The USA: Toy Remote Controlled Vehicles: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

Options on EBay as well....

K-S Brass Angle 1/8'' 300mm - #9880 614121198807 | eBay

Last edited:
Shipped out another lot today. I'll send tracking tomorrow afternoon. If you've part d, or you're Roy, your kit has shipped.

I also sent our the missing screws from the last batch.
I'm waiting on alternative tri rings.
And I'm waiting to hear back from a couple people that asked for extensions to see how many kits I have left.
Did anybody receive their tracking numbers yesterday? Was supposed to be part of this batch but didn't receive anything.

I have had zero luck sourcing in the real world..

I just added the buttons and arrows, and painted the edges of the PCB card blue to match the original. I'm waiting on the black to completely dry before I sand the rings. I ended up using the Rustoleum Satin Canyon Black like Halliwax suggested. Since I can't find the Ace Antique Gold nearby I ordered the MIG Old Ammo for the neck.

IMG_2797.jpeg

i will be starting a main thread to host all the videos, parts links and everyones finish work, I have an option for the UK guys as well. that will be shared there. please bear with me, im working every single day right now, and only doing this late at night. i should be tackling the thread tomorrow night, Yuma this weekend!!

I just added the buttons and arrows, and painted the edges of the PCB card blue to match the original. I'm waiting on the black to completely dry before I sand the rings. I ended up using the Rustoleum Satin Canyon Black like Halliwax suggested. Since I can't find the Ace Antique Gold nearby I ordered the MIG Old Ammo for the neck.

View attachment 1255670

looking great! get those screws in orientation baby! ;)

Another great video! Thanks for the shout-out, too!

After stripping the paint off of the rings, I laid on a coat of the Satin Canyon Black. It lays down smoother and has a nicer sheen to it than the High Performance Flat Black. However, I ended up with a bit of chipping when sanding the rings (...no lathe to work with. Doin’ it ghetto-style.), and so I’ll have to add another coat and try again. Probably should wait a few days for it to cure before trying to sand the rings.

I also used E6000 for the triangles. A lot more controllable than CA glue. The holes are so tiny that it’s too easy to accidentally smear glue outside the edges and onto the face of the plate. My first few attempts had exactly that result, and I had to clean and buff the plate. E6000 worked like a charm the first time. The residue is much easier to deal with.

View attachment 1255670

Which blue did you use? Looks like a good match for the board.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back