Game of Thrones

I'm starting to dislike Daenerys more and more with her "how dare everyone not kneel before me." And her mater-of-factly "oh, I wiped out your family because they wouldn't bow befor me." She supposedly wants to "break the wheel" but is acting just as bad as everyone else. Loved the ending with Jamie arriving and seeing Bran. Good tease for the next episode.

Ok good I’m not the only one that had that feeling about her

I'm starting to dislike Daenerys more and more with her "how dare everyone not kneel before me." And her mater-of-factly "oh, I wiped out your family because they wouldn't bow befor me." She supposedly wants to "break the wheel" but is acting just as bad as everyone else. Loved the ending with Jamie arriving and seeing Bran. Good tease for the next episode.

I'm guessing it's to set up the tension for the eventual confrontation between her and Jon.

Well she needs that 3rd betrayal for love. So what’s better than Tyrion killing her to save Jamie’s life. She wants to kill Jamie for killing her father. Plus Jamie saved Tyrion life by helping him escape. She isn’t looking like a good queen anyway. Great at conquering lands and worlds. Not being a fair and honorable ruler. So we’ll have a Queen Slayer in the family now too.

I'm starting to dislike Daenerys more and more with her "how dare everyone not kneel before me." And her mater-of-factly "oh, I wiped out your family because they wouldn't bow befor me." She supposedly wants to "break the wheel" but is acting just as bad as everyone else.

I think she's gonna get a harsh lesson in proper Northern politicking from Sansa and Lyanna Mormont. At least I HOPE so. Those two should really rattle her self-righteous cage.

Loved the ending with Jamie arriving and seeing Bran. Good tease for the next episode.

By the look on his face, Jaime **** enough solid gold bricks to pay back the Lannister debt to the Iron Bank a dozen times over.

On another note: Props to Jon for not throwing up all over the place upon realizing his title now includes Slammer of Aunts.

Should be some good drama seeing Jaime getting sweated by both Bran and Daenerys for his past deeds. He was shown in the trailer as at least making it to the big battle coming up, though, so we know no one does anything drastic to him...yet.

Personally, I'm surprised Bronn is going the way he is. I would think once Qyburn came to him with that request that he'd be smart enough to realize he's never getting his castle and rich wife and high tail it out of there for the Summer Isles or something. If he doesn't just get the hell outta dodge, I'm fairly certain he'll end up a goner. It'd be a shame if that happened as they wrote his character much smarter up until now.

Should be some good drama seeing Jaime getting sweated by both Bran and Daenerys for his past deeds. He was shown in the trailer as at least making it to the big battle coming up, though, so we know no one does anything drastic to him...yet.

Personally, I'm surprised Bronn is going the way he is. I would think once Qyburn came to him with that request that he'd be smart enough to realize he's never getting his castle and rich wife and high tail it out of there for the Summer Isles or something. If he doesn't just get the hell outta dodge, I'm fairly certain he'll end up a goner. It'd be a shame if that happened as they wrote his character much smarter up until now.

Bronn IS smart.

Smart enough to realize that refusing to do what Cersei asked would end up with his head on a pike. I predict he's gonna take the crossbow, join up with the North, and Jaime will be the one to use the crossbow... to kill Cersei. A sense of irony, indeed.

The question on everyone's mind: "Where's my elephant"
IMG_20190415_120112.jpg

Bronn IS smart.

Smart enough to realize that refusing to do what Cersei asked would end up with his head on a pike. I predict he's gonna take the crossbow, join up with the North, and Jaime will be the one to use the crossbow... to kill Cersei. A sense of irony, indeed.

Hmm...maybe. I watched the big premiere they had in NYC the other day and when Jerome Flynn (the actor who plays Bronn) was interviewed he did say that he thinks fans wont like him after this, so who knows what that means. I still think Bronn as written previous to this season would be able to make a good escape from Cersei. If Tyrion could do it, then he definitely could. It would be much easier for him to blend in.

I also know the real world reason they had to write him out of King's Landing. He and Lena Headey refuse to do scenes with each other due to a past romantic relationship that went wrong. Thats why Bronn left the meeting in the Dragon Pit last season before Cersei got there and why you never see them in the same scene. It would be pretty difficult to keep in KL if he couldnt do any scene with the main characters there.

I don't mind her going around telling people they have to bow down to her.

Her stated goal IS "rule all this ****".

It's not her fault that westeros USES that method to show aliegance. She had enemy Lord's captured, they refused to join, they died. It's how EVERY other Lord has done it through the whole show. Even Jon would either get folks on his side, or kill them (admittedly, the choice has been easier for jon, since those that don't join have generally been guilty of crimes against humanity)

I don't mind her going around telling people they have to bow down to her.

Her stated goal IS "rule all this ****".

It's not her fault that westeros USES that method to show aliegance. She had enemy Lord's captured, they refused to join, they died. It's how EVERY other Lord has done it through the whole show. Even Jon would either get folks on his side, or kill them (admittedly, the choice has been easier for jon, since those that don't join have generally been guilty of crimes against humanity)
She didn't HAVE to execute the Tarly's though. Her advisors suggested (wisely) keeping them as hostages. It was one more example of Dany not being ready to rule or inspire with anything other than fear.
The last few seasons I've found myself liking her less and less.

My prediction is Daenerys will bend the knee to John Snow to win over the North, and gain their trust that way a Northern king on the Iron throne

Hostages are fine, if you've got someone to ransom them to. She had the whole house leadership right there in front of each other. She keeps them, it keeps their bannermen in the fight elsewhere against her. Nukes them, their goons have to go find a new house to banner for, and that new house, will join Danny, because she nukes fuckers that don't.

Hostages are fine, if you've got someone to ransom them to. She had the whole house leadership right there in front of each other. She keeps them, it keeps their bannermen in the fight elsewhere against her. Nukes them, their goons have to go find a new house to banner for, and that new house, will join Danny, because she nukes fuckers that don't.
That course of action worked well for Joffery and the mad king. ;)

Like I said, it shows she doesn't know a damn thing about actually ruling. I really hope she does bend the knee to Jon, just to see her learn some humility. She's become as self entitled as Cersei.

Eh, it's happened for every aren't that's been defeated. Their Commander was killed, they joined the side that won. The stanis got his brother's men. Jon got whatever was left of the Boltons, etc, etc.

The bulk of Renley's army (Tyrells) actually fought against Stannis and routed his army after Blackwater bay. I don't recall the Bolton's joining Jon after the battle of the bastards, I'll be watching it again this week.
However Robb executing Lord Carstark (against his advisors advice) resulted in him losing the Carstark men in his cause.
Joffery beheading Ned resulted in the entire north being against him. If Dany doesn't listen to the smarter people around her she'll end up the queen of ashes.

Daenerys definitely screwed up when she roasted the Tarlys, but she didn't have much choice. She couldn't keep them hostage. Who would she ransom them too? She already had the Tarly foot soldiers kneeling to her, so its not like she needed anything else from them. Lord Tarly left her no other option. She could have spared Dickon, though.

As far as Jon being on the Iron Throne, never going to happen. Daenerys most likely won't either. The whole point of this show is doing away with all that. It doesn't matter who the heir to whatever is anymore. Its about the leaders the people choose.

Robb and the Karstarks is a whole other mess. Similar in some ways to what Daenerys did, but I wouldn't make that a direct comparison. Lord Karstark was a sworn bannerman to House Stark and he broke his oath. That has to be punished. If Robb had not executed him he would have lost face and lost all of his soldiers right there and then. In the end it doesn't really matter, though since he lost anyway.

I didn't mean a hostage for ransom, rather hostages to guarantee the loyalty and conduct of the Tarly forces and house (I image there are more Tarlys, cousins and such).Much in the same way Robb's mother and uncles counseled him to keep lord Karstark alive. The loss of half his forces was the consequence of his decision to carry out the sentence. There's always a choice, otherwise it would be boring! ;) Every choice has consequences, burning the Tarlys will likely have a consequence for Dany this season, I'm curious to see what it's going to be.
I don't think Dany will end up with the throne, Jon seems to be too predictable a choice and zero desire for it, though he is the only hope for house Targaryen to survive another generation. Maybe nobody?:D
I've been waiting twenty years for the end of this story so...

I thought this was a pretty strong start to this season. It's hard to believe there are only 5 episodes left, especially when you consider how much needs to be explained/wrapped up by the end of this.

So far, I think that Jon is approaching this the wrong way. He's trying to get everyone to see that politics don't matter and that the only thing worthy of discussion is uniting to defeat the Night King. However, what Sansa and Arya keep trying to tell him is that they do matter - it's impossible to throw tradition out the window, even when the stakes are as high as they are. Jon clearly doesn't want to be King of the North, let alone King of the Seven Kingdoms, but maybe he should. The North is never going to bend the knee to Dany (which will undoubtedly lead to some drama) given her family's history and the fact that she's an outsider, but they will be led by Jon. I believe the show is trying to commentate on a larger issue of humanity in that we tend to put more emphasis on and fight for the important things within our own personal lives and communities rather than global concerns. It's just easier to comprehend things on that scale. In an ideal world, everyone would set aside their differences and shift their attention to the impending large-scale doom, but that's just not how we operate. Jon needs to realize this and put duty before his own desire in order to unite the people of Westeros and save them. It's the only way - but I don't necessarily foresee that happening.

As for Dany, I don't ever see her relinquishing her claim to the throne - most likely foreshadowed when Sam says to Jon "you gave up your crown to save your people. Would she do the same?" Jon doesn't answer, which I think is telling. I hope he's starting to see the bigger picture here. The two of them must decide whether to remain allies or fight over the power of the throne. Jon will probably take the former and Dany the latter. Either way, I feel bad for Jon. Despite having to digest the news that he's actually the rightful heir to the Throne and that he's been sleeping with his aunt, he's got a severely difficult decision to make. No matter how hard he tries to stay away from responsibility, it always seems to find its way back to him.

Anyway, enough about Jon and Dany. Cersei has made it abundantly clear she has no intention of leaving King's Landing and doesn't care if everyone in Westeros dies, as long as she's the last one standing. I predict the North will lose the battle of Winterfell and retreat to King's Landing in hopes that Cersei will come to her senses and let them inside for the final stand against the Night King. However, she'd never do that. Unless they can sneak someone inside the walls to cross her off the map (or melt the Red Keep with dragon fire), they're going to die outside the gates as she smiles and drinks wine from atop her red castle. What an awful (yet great?) way to end this series!

That leads me to my next point...one of the scenes that stuck out to me most was the one with Sansa and Tyrion. I loved that Sansa called Tyrion out on his bulls**t in believing that Cersei would ever send her army to aid the forces in the North. I can't believe Tyrion, of all people, took her at her word. The writing of his character has really started to suffer and his motivations and actions are beginning to not make any sense at all.

Next week looks like it'll be far more exciting and I hope we get to see Dany's reaction to Jon's heritage and how the two of them move forward (or don't?).

I think Tyrion knew it was BS per the conversation he had with Cersei in her chambers after Jon, Dany, and co. brought the wight to KL last season. I feel like somehow he will betray Dany for his family, yet he would still be betrayed by Cersei, because Cersei. Either way, I also think that maybe the bad writing is finally hitting Tyrion's character. OR, it is a continuation of how Tyrion hurts the women he loves, ala Shea, and his first wife, by betraying Dany(a case could be made he doesn't love her, but that look he gives after Jon goes into her room on the boat, was quite angry).

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back