First knives have shipped! Almost sad to see them go xD but look forward to seeing what you guys do with them. Doing my best to keep the first post updated with who has paid, and will also mark them when they have shipped.

Was wondering, in advance of receiving this kit would it be possible to get a measurement from the tip of the blade to the guard? I'm looking to have a custom kydex sheath made up for this and the company i'm using needs this measurement to say yay or nay before hand.

Was wondering, in advance of receiving this kit would it be possible to get a measurement from the tip of the blade to the guard? I'm looking to have a custom kydex sheath made up for this and the company i'm using needs this measurement to say yay or nay before hand.

Sure, looks like 205mm to where the guard would start

BTW, thank you for offering a non polished option at shapeways.

No problem, makes it slightly more affordable. If you order them let us know how they look!

Received the non-polished option today.

IMG_2758.jpeg
IMG_2757.jpeg

I think it was well worth saving the money and getting the non polished. They look pretty polished as is but I definitely could get a shine on the face of these in 10 seconds with putting a bit of brass on a rag or paper towel and lay it on a surface then rub the medallion back and forth. But my intention is it to have a weathered look so I probably will not attempt to make it look and shinier, i might actually lightly wet sand the face to dull it down prior to using the chemical blackening.

View attachment 1004206

So I'm engaging a friend who does kydex work to make a custom kydex sheath for this knife. This is the art/concept of what I'm looking to get done up.

Really cool idea! Just a heads up, I have an idea for a stand for these, which I'm working up. Will be making one for myself, but would be possible to offer up parts for you guys to put together. More water jet cut aluminium + exotic wood :D More on that as it progresses.

I am having problems making the payment using the paypal.me/bucketheadprops
I click send and the app ask me for a name, email or mobile. I enter the .me adress and says check details and try again.
Maybe I am doing something wrong?

Those are looking great! yet to try mine, but will try just paint and see how that looks. Will post how it goes, most likely this weekend!

I am having problems making the payment using the paypal.me/bucketheadprops
I click send and the app ask me for a name, email or mobile. I enter the .me adress and says check details and try again.
Maybe I am doing something wrong?

Answered in pm, but also for anyone else stuggling, the paypal.me is a url, so straight into a browser. Won't work on the app I believe :)

Batch 2 blanks are here! Next to the machinist to be milled! Still cracking on with those who picked option F for a complete prop from batch 1, you are not forgotten, still working on them!

20190328_224220.jpeg

Just collected my kit from the post office. Lovely stuff mate, can't wait to get to work on it. Tempted to see if my good lady will allow me to use it as a sgian-dubh on our wedding day.

Just collected my kit from the post office. Lovely stuff mate, can't wait to get to work on it. Tempted to see if my good lady will allow me to use it as a sgian-dubh on our wedding day.

Wow that's great xD but I am glad you like it!

Also that's it, all slots filled up. If anyone else is interested I can add you to a reserve list in case anyone from batch 1 or 2 drops out, but unlikely to be making any more!

Those are looking great! yet to try mine, but will try just paint and see how that looks. Will post how it goes, most likely this weekend!

I think paint is a preferred method if you want to go with a pristine or well cared for knife. It would compliment the polished brass medallion if you intend to keep the brass shiny.

I thought a lot how I wanted to approach this build, I had a bunch of ideas other than just a straight build as seen in the art.

One Idea was to do a ceremonial knife or something that might be worn with standard armor. The idea would have been based on some special requests. One would be to have the handle molded in black that I would polished up. The other thing would be to see about having the medallion offer in a silver which I could polish up and do layers and layers of built up acrylic black paint until the black was flush with the surface of the medallion. The blade and guard would be as high polished as possible wit the recessed areas of the blade highlighted in black.

Another ideas was to do a repurposed rebel version. One that looked pretty much like the concept art but a rebel symbol in the hilt and lots of weathering throughout.

The other idea was to do the blade like Rambo II. The blade is black but the edges are high polished. Not very stealthy but they wanted the edge of the blade to be highlighted in the night scenes for added effect.

What I've settled on is pretty simple, a lot like the photo. I want it to look like a blade that has been with a mudtrooper in the field for months even years. Something that even though it does get cleaned from time to time, the age, wear, and tear is obvious. Maybe even like a Rebel's bafflefield trophy.

I'm very excited for the build.

What I've settled on is pretty simple, a lot like the photo. I want it to look like a blade that has been with a mudtrooper in the field for months even years. Something that even though it does get cleaned from time to time, the age, wear, and tear is obvious. Maybe even like a Rebel's bafflefield trophy.

I'm very excited for the build.

I like this idea the most out of what you listed. Really dig that weathered/used look. Although, the ceremonial version would be pretty cool.

Almost forgot! :lol: made a quick advert style video for what you get in the kit, with some classy....er B-roll of all the parts

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back