Star Wars sequel trilogy.

I hope they spend at least 1 billion on this movie to prove how much they believe in this being successful

1704371121089.png

1704371150609.png

1704371165400.png

Make men uncomfortable? Geez another Disney bad choice. Maybe if she designs some ill fitting male underwear. I’m not made uncomfortable by agenda driven crappy movies I’ll never see. I plan to watch Andor finish up and I think the fork is in Star Wars for good unless they can pull Mando out of the fire.

and you know.... WTF? I liked Jyn Erso! Bought the Hot Toy dolly! LOL I'm I a monster horrible male still that needs to be made "uncomfortable?"
Geez when does it end with these people?

Do a GOOD movie, with GOOD characters and it will be fine all by itself. What a strange concept that must be to them!

...unless they can pull Mando out of the fire.

Mando's Toast. It's the same people making the decisions for Mando, as for all of the other things that have gotten all up in our craws.

Plus, despite Pedro being in so much stuff over the last few years, I can just see him already fading out. It was the core fans that enjoyed him. Now he's more of an internet meme than any sort of beloved actor. And the core fans don't love him enough to turn out for him in a show that's bad. He can't carry a successful show on his presence alone. He'll get all the back patters and yes men on Twitter to go to bat for him, but they're not even gonna watch his shows.

It's time to accept the notion that none of this is meant to succeed, financially or critically. Nor is it to empower women or minorities, or give new voices a chance to showcase their talent, or correct discriminatory injustices of the past.

This is meant to utilize certain individuals to destabilize the establishment. Why? I have no clue. To reset the industry? Reset the West? I don't know and IDK (anymore). But we're seeing this in many industries, especially the entertainment industry (and everything that gravitates around it).

In the last 3 years I've personally witnessed the unexplained hiring and promotion of a lot of unqualified, inexperienced, untalented, unmotivated and undeserving individuals in key creative and administrative positions, resulting in a quality and entertainment-value nose-dive that is directly related to decisions made by those same individuals. What's interesting is that most of these new job positions didn't exist until a few years ago, nor were they ever required or needed.

Aside from that, and aside from the inevitable mass exodus of actual talent due to frustration and inefficiency, the damage I've seen first-hand comes from the left-over talent who have reluctantly accepted that a) it's not their company, so it's not their problem, and b) that their rents/mortgages/families are too important to sacrifice, thus resigning themselves to becoming tools of the corporate incompetents. It's a demoralizing state to be in, which is why I left that company.

One can say that the current creative decline has been ongoing for a while, I don't think anyone will argue with that. There's always been a fluctuation of talent and incompetence behind any ups and downs, and we've seen more downs than ups in the last decade.

But the accelerated decline of the last few years is a result of deliberate actions taken by higher-ups. What we're increasingly seeing is an exclusion of talent in favor of the inclusion of intentional incompetence. An infection.

There's plenty of talent out there, regardless of gender or ethnicity or age. Yet big boats like Disney, for the most part, steer clear of anyone who has an understanding of what entertainment is, and an understanding of what the bottom line means for everyone. It's not unanimous, but it is predominant.

Pepper, as much as I'd "wish" there was a point to it all (because then it's an "easy fix" to just change management), I really think so much of it is siloing within the industry fueling straight up narcissistic incompetence. Accepting the need to change for so many of the folks participating in the industry means a fundamental uprooting of who they think they are as a person.

Add in that "The Industry" has always "worked", and I really believe these folks think this is all just some strange aberration, and if they can all just "keep doing it right" for long enough, that things will get back to some fantasy land version of normal.

Make men uncomfortable? Geez another Disney bad choice. Maybe if she designs some ill fitting male underwear. I’m not made uncomfortable by agenda driven crappy movies I’ll never see. I plan to watch Andor finish up and I think the fork is in Star Wars for good unless they can pull Mando out of the fire.

Carrie Fisher famously said that there was no underwear in space, which is why Lucas wouldn't let her wear a bra.

Last edited:
I won't be uncomfortable because I will not even be watching it. There's absolutely no way that everyone at Lucasfilm doesn't know that people hate the Rey character to begin with. BTW, if you actually want good female SW characters, go read anything with Mara Jade, Jaina Solo, any of the X-Wing novels (Rogue and Wraith Squadrons), Republic Commando series, The Han Solo Trilogy, Darth Bane Trilogy, etc.

I won't be uncomfortable because I will not even be watching it. There's absolutely no way that everyone at Lucasfilm doesn't know that people hate the Rey character to begin with. BTW, if you actually want good female SW characters, go read anything with Mara Jade, Jaina Solo, any of the X-Wing novels (Rogue and Wraith Squadrons), Republic Commando series, The Han Solo Trilogy, Darth Bane Trilogy, etc.

When I think of great characters, in stories well-told, two iconic and conjoined phrases come immediately to mind:

IMG_2714.jpeg

Chef’s kiss of perfection.

Last edited:
Pepperbone wrote:
"It's time to accept the notion that none of this is meant to succeed, financially or critically. Nor is it to empower women or minorities, or give new voices a chance to showcase their talent, or correct discriminatory injustices of the past."

Hence the deconstruction of BBF/Obi Wan and others as white males in search of a shrink and getting guilty feelings about their past history.:rolleyes::rolleyes:(n)(n)...how come the female heroes don't have a problem with their conscience?

Corporate head honchos like Bob Iger are typically not driven by ideology. It's more likely plain old ego-driven stubbornness. That, and the other factors like Blackrock loans and his ideas of transitioning into a political career (I hope he realizes that the latter isn't realistic anymore).

These guys usually don't seek power to push an ideology, they push an ideology in order to seek power. Same with most politicians who actually reach the highest offices.

In Iger's case I think he's just too far along. With the DEI stuff, he already ran past the edge of the cliff at full speed years ago. He made his bed with it. He staked his rep on it. Now he's past the edge of the cliff in open air and his ego won't let him look down. He's gonna have to be forced out of power by a stockholder revolt.

Last edited:
Chris Gore suggested something & it makes sense, perhaps without any real successes in 2023 & with everyone aware of that South Park Episode, Disney is reconsidering going forward with this project

Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy is aware of this, possibly heard it through the grapevine, & has decided to publicly remind everyone that she is making this film,....as Chris Gore says, why now?....she made the news about it at SW Celebration,.....and the film is still due for release in 2026

A few weeks ago there were rumours that The Mandalorian Series 4 may become a movie,...and there was talks that it could be in production BEFORE the Rey film, possibly pushing it back in its scedule

It's funny we haven't heard any support of Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy from Lucasfilm after her appearance on CNN on New Years Eve

J

hris Gore suggested something & it makes sense, perhaps without any real successes in 2023 & with everyone aware of that South Park Episode, Disney is reconsidering going forward with this project

Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy is aware of this, possibly heard it through the grapevine, & has decided to publicly remind everyone that she is making this film,....as Chris Gore says, why now?....she made the news about it at SW Celebration,.....and the film is still due for release in 2026

A few weeks ago there were rumours that The Mandalorian Series 4 may become a movie,...and there was talks that it could be in production BEFORE the Rey film, possibly pushing it back in its scedule

It's funny we haven't heard any support of Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy from Lucasfilm after her appearance on CNN on New Years Eve

Disney will never admit it but the South Park episode must have rattled them. They are used to totally controlling the press narratives. They don't normally get any direct criticism at all, not from grownup MSM sources. Trey & Matt openly mocked the king in his own court. Probably the only reason why they got away with it is because they have SNL-armor. South Park has been around long enough that everybody in Hollywood understands they have to put up with it (or risk looking even worse) like a celebrity roast.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back