Star Wars sequel trilogy.

...I really think so much of it is siloing within the industry fueling straight up narcissistic incompetence. Accepting the need to change for so many of the folks participating in the industry means a fundamental uprooting of who they think they are as a person.
Absolutely. Or narcissistic incompetence hired to destabilize the establishment, I'll accept that too.

Add in that "The Industry" has always "worked", and I really believe these folks think this is all just some strange aberration, and if they can all just "keep doing it right" for long enough, that things will get back to some fantasy land version of normal.
Agreed. And this is where I traded hoping for change for hoping it all collapses. A top-down cleansing is unlikely, so the only way to fix this is let it collapse, allowing for new opportunities. That hope for a collapse is reflected on what I consume and how I spend my money.

Hence the deconstruction of BBF/Obi Wan and others as white males in search of a shrink and getting guilty feelings about their past history.:rolleyes::rolleyes:(n)(n)...how come the female heroes don't have a problem with their conscience?
...I'd have a lot to say about that, but yes, and I'll narrow it down to incompetence, victimhood, bitterness, a strong push toward division, and a weakening of society. BF and Kenobi are nothing compared to attacks and ridicule of what they branded as "toxic masculinity" in the Western culture. And based on what I see almost daily; those attacks are working.

Chris Gore suggested something & it makes sense, perhaps without any real successes in 2023 & with everyone aware of that South Park Episode, Disney is reconsidering going forward with this project

Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy is aware of this, possibly heard it through the grapevine, & has decided to publicly remind everyone that she is making this film,....as Chris Gore says, why now?....she made the news about it at SW Celebration,.....and the film is still due for release in 2026

A few weeks ago there were rumours that The Mandalorian Series 4 may become a movie,...and there was talks that it could be in production BEFORE the Rey film, possibly pushing it back in its scedule

It's funny we haven't heard any support of Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy from Lucasfilm after her appearance on CNN on New Years Eve

J

Part of it is "fan baiting". They post stuff like this knowing it will cause a bunch of furor online and then they can preemptively call all the fans -ists and -phobes, which they think nullifies the bad reviews of their movie.

The direction of most Disney Star Wars:

fall.gif

I am curious as to what sort of “training” Jedi Master Palpatine will be doing in this new film…

If the curriculum of The Palpatine School For The Jedi Arts is based upon Palpatine’s own experience, won’t students be expected to already know everything they need to know without any actual training?

I’m so confused.

IMG_2729.jpeg

yes and 3 movies and not a single nice shot of Rey, its like shes androgynous or something

You know, Daisy Ridley seems like someone who could have injected a lot more personality and likability into the Rey character, if she had been given the material.

Unfortunately, they gave Rey the personality of the T-800 in the Sequel Trilogy.

Arnold Schwarzenegger Smile GIF

You know, Daisy Ridley seems like someone who could have injected a lot more personality and likability into the Rey character, if she had been given the material.

Unfortunately, they gave Rey the personality of the T-800 in the Sequel Trilogy.

I agree. Ridley could have been an amazing part of a great series. She and Boyega both had great screen presence that really made me want to see where thr characters would go next.

Sadly, the scripts just didn't give them anything to do with it.

best actor award -Chewbacca
Most robotic-Rey
most disturbingly ugly-Ren
honorable mention for cabbage patch doll lookalike award-Snoke
Margret Cho look alike and unnecessary diversity award-Rose Taco
most non-gay couple Finn/Dameron
Best Doogie Howser/Starship Troopers wrong age for rank imitation-General Hux
Best trailer park alcoholic voice/face award Leia
Sexual Pervert award goes to Luke for milking weird alien blue/white man milk drinker
Best Young Betty white award-Captain Phasma

I saw a glimpse of a good movie in some wrecked Death Star Jedi crystal of some kind-these movies sucked and I didnt buy any figures or toys cuz it sucked so bad except for the Lego Falcon
I bought no discs
I saw only once,
go away Kreepy Kathleen

So the Sequels for me, are kinda mixed bag. Most of you know my position already. So I'll be short. I really loved the first two. (I still count TLJ as one of my top favorite films) But starting with IX, I found it was harder for me to divorce the Sequel (and all of the new Star Wars for that matter) from Disney. So the Sequels and all of the new content has grown more sour for me.

And now we're looking at sequels to the Sequels. And they have the gall to call it The New Jedi order. Striping Luke of his great legacy he had in the EU. (And there's even rumors the Vong might play role in the new films.) The EU has its up and downs in terms of quality. But at least it gave Luke the ability to actually do what Yoda tasked him with. And Luke created a whole new Jedi order that outlasted him. What Disney/Lucasfilm have done is nothing more than a slap in the face to fans.

This is the New Jedi Order....
ZS-convocation.jpg

And this....
A1QZtL1aMwL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

best actor award -Chewbacca
Most robotic-Rey
most disturbingly ugly-Ren
honorable mention for cabbage patch doll lookalike award-Snoke
Margret Cho look alike and unnecessary diversity award-Rose Taco
most non-gay couple Finn/Dameron
Best Doogie Howser/Starship Troopers wrong age for rank imitation-General Hux
Best trailer park alcoholic voice/face award Leia
Sexual Pervert award goes to Luke for milking weird alien blue/white man milk drinker
Best Young Betty white award-Captain Phasma

I saw a glimpse of a good movie in some wrecked Death Star Jedi crystal of some kind-these movies sucked and I didnt buy any figures or toys cuz it sucked so bad except for the Lego Falcon
I bought no discs
I saw only once,
go away Kreepy Kathleen
Most robotic is a major achievement when you consider three stars of the movie were R2D2, C3PO, and BB8 :)

if they want to make me uncomfortable show me this new woke woman and KK in bed naked with GL, while they dominate him and berate him for saying "there is no underwear in space" then he will cry and say, "there are 4 lights, ummm 1 billion dollars? There are Five, I see it now!"

This is a safe space and Rian cannot get you, here.

It’s really OK; you can speak the truth.

View attachment 1776836

;)
:lol:

In all seriousness. I found Luke's story to resonate with me. I know a bit about having demons you thought you had defeated, get the better of you in a moment of weakness. I know the feeling of trying to hide from everyone that loves you, because of the shame. So I get Luke in that film. I see myself in him.

I also think that Rian tends to get the mythology behind it all. At least he gets it better than Dave Filoni. Dave seems to just copy the trappings of the myths. And JJ kinda, sorta tries to get the mythology. With Rey's story following the Heroine's Journey and the whole dyad thing, duality, Yin and Yang, etc. But it gets kinda watered down.

Rian is actually one of the few people to actually talk about the myths. Campbell's Hero's Journey, King Arthur and such. (Which Luke's story both OT and ST is inspired by.) And I kinda like that.

I don't suppose anyone would like to consider the broader context of any of the discussion/clips involved here.

First, the interview that's being cited? Yeah, it was done in 2015. It has, let's be clear, not a damn thing to do with Star Wars. At all. Even a little bit.
More importantly, you might want to consider the context in which she made those statements and what else was going on in her life at the time. The interview was apparently recorded in April, 2015. In October of that same year, she released a film titled A Girl in the River: The Price of Forgiveness. It's about honor killings in Pakistan, and specifically a nineteen year old girl who survived an attempted honor killing by her father and uncle.

Now, when she's talking about "making men uncomfortable," I promise you, she is not talking about a bunch of dudes like those posting here, at least not in the moment and context in which she made that statement. More likely, I'd guess she's talking about, oh, I don't know, for starters the ****ing monsters who would literally murder their own children to protect their own reputations. She goes on to talk in the interview about how, within her own country, she's sometimes considered a traitor because she dares expose and criticize actions like this.

But sure, let's take these comments here and spin them up in to the usual argy-bargy about South Park woke blah blah blah as if it has ANYTHING WHATSOEVER to do with Star Wars. It doesn't. Wake up. You are being played for fools by the people promoting this crap.

This is one of the big reasons why I tend to ignore youtube commentary stuff. From anyone. Including people with whom I may agree politically. There are whole swaths of people who make a living profiting off of our anger and trying to bait us into paying attention to them by throwing out rage-chum like this.

Folks, I am begging you to do nothing more than just remain skeptical when you see some 2 second clip of an interview from nine years ago being bandied about today as proof of Disney's woke agenda blah blah blah, especially from professional rage trolls.

Do some due diligence. I found the full video, which I've posted below, in about 5 minutes of digging. I pulled up Obaid-Chinoy's Wikipedia page to look at her filmography, where I saw that she was primarily a journalist and documentary filmmaker who has focused a decent amount of her career covering her native Pakistan.

But sure, let's reduce her and all things Disney to a roughly 2 minute clip from nine years ago that was done at a women-in-film panel put on by an organization focused primarily on women, mediated by Jon Stewart, and use that as a springboard to freak the **** out about the future of Star Wars.

This is exactly why I was at first excited about JJ Abrams...

They were giving a guy the keys who actually LOVES Star Wars, has proven himself a Sci-Fi action director, and is a hyper nerd.

Sure that last movie was garbage, but I don't fully blame him, KK was steering the ship all over the place leaving him little to work with and then he was just trying to make his original version somehow work. If he did an outline for all 3 would it have faired better? Maybe no, but at least it would have had a better shot.

This is just ridiculous. Choosing this woman.

And I have ZERO probs with a woman director, heck if she made a Pakistani film that got rave reviews dealing with her politics, I'd prob check it out.. (and apparently she has - just looking at the post above)

But just giving HER the keys?! It makes no sense. Unless I'm missing something IMDB is also missing. Is she a hardcore nerd? You kinda gotta be to write a Star War. I love sci-fi stuff and there's NO CHANCE I'd wanna write or direct it... cuz I don't feel I know it well enough and it's not the kinda flick where I think you can just watch the flicks and quickly read a Wikipedia about before going for it.

I mean Dave Filoni knows this stuff in and out and he sucks! heh (jokes... kinda)

I had this in my own life... I was working at a studio where they wanted to put a flick into development. The woman they hired (cuz I worked at a studio that was SUPER woke) had only done short docs or films on some political thing... She won some Canadian awards for her short so they gave her the reins of a FUN ANIMATED MOVIE FOR KIDS.

I was the editor, and it was a bad match. Obviously the editor and director work closely together... but I'm also a writer, and I'm actually better at writing BECAUSE I'm an editor... So when she handed me her first outline I was confused... the story made no sense, there was no structure, no themes, and her casting decisions for the characters were just insane.

She didn't know the process involved in animation, she didn't know anything about animated movies. Every single reference I gave her, she had no clue what I was talking about.

In the end I was required to hand in a cut of a "proof of concept" vid, and had to call my buddy I collab with on other projects in a panic because I didn't want my name attached... "WHAT DO I DO?!?"

It was the worst thing ever... and at the screening with the head of development they all applauded. Because SHE was in the room and they didn't want to say they made a mistake... how do I know this?

Cuz one of the guys who is really high up is a buddy and they told me EVERYTHING that was said behind closed doors.

Obviously this went no where.

And I'm only ranting now cuz I read this article and the PTSD from that nightmare hit hard.... Disney did all that, but on a HUGE scale.

And I'm a guy who's all for representation... I get it. When I started in animation it was 80% white guys. Now the floor is filled with every kinda person you can imagine, all nerds, all wanting to make movies, all wanting to be a part of what's on screen...

But you still gotta give creative to the people who love the property or genre... It's getting ridiculous.

They HAD the guys who made Into and Across the Spiderverse. Lego Movie. 21/22 Jumpstreet. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. Top Tier Family Fare...

They were fired. They didn't even let them finish.

Bonkers.

Last edited:
So the Sequels for me, are kinda mixed bag. Most of you know my position already. So I'll be short. I really loved the first two. (I still count TLJ as one of my top favorite films) But starting with IX, I found it was harder for me to divorce the Sequel (and all of the new Star Wars for that matter) from Disney. So the Sequels and all of the new content has grown more sour for me.

And now we're looking at sequels to the Sequels. And they have the gall to call it The New Jedi order. Striping Luke of his great legacy he had in the EU. (And there's even rumors the Vong might play role in the new films.) The EU has its up and downs in terms of quality. But at least it gave Luke the ability to actually do what Yoda tasked him with. And Luke created a whole new Jedi order that outlasted him. What Disney/Lucasfilm have done is nothing more than a slap in the face to fans.

This is the New Jedi Order....
View attachment 1776629

And this....
View attachment 1776719

It does seem like the plan is to do the New Jedi Order series with Rey in place of Luke. Maybe Finn in the role of Mara Jade (except no romance) and no kids and Lu--Rey doesnt struggle against the opposition.

Yeah, the big problem with an OP character that just knows how to do everything is that they absolutely suck at teaching. The recent anime Jujutsu Kaisen highlights this well, the teacher Gojo being an OP character in the world (he single-handily impacts the world by shifting the balance of power because he is too OP and made the enemies more powerful to keep up) and it is highlighted that despite being able to use many powerful techniques himself, he is terrible at teaching because its just intuitive to him.

This would be some decent character development for Rey if played straight. Rey never struggled with grasping the force ,using more advanced powers like mind tricks, or lifting a bunch of boulders like she was breathing. If she encounters a student who can barely push a cup a millimeter, how is she going to teach her when she herself doesnt understand the struggle? This is an actual issue with geniuses. The subject comes so naturally to them and they just cant understand how normies like us cant understand this concepts. It would be like us "teaching" someone how to breathe. Its so natural and intuitive, you dont know where their sticking points are and how to address them.

Yeah I am also surprised that the Rey movie is getting so much press. I do think this is because this could be Kennedy's last chance to salvage her sequel trilogy from being erased from the lexicon (can we confidently say that Filoni wont try to erase the sequel trilogy for his own trilogy starring Ahsoka meeting the "real" Luke who was force projecting a force projection and was fine?). I do think Kennedy really wants the Rey trilogy to succeed. Again, Im not believing a movie is made until it is actually showing in theaters commercially given their track record.

It does seem like the plan is to do the New Jedi Order series with Rey in place of Luke. Maybe Finn in the role of Mara Jade (except no romance) and no kids and Lu--Rey doesnt struggle against the opposition.

Yeah, the big problem with an OP character that just knows how to do everything is that they absolutely suck at teaching. The recent anime Jujutsu Kaisen highlights this well, the teacher Gojo being an OP character in the world (he single-handily impacts the world by shifting the balance of power because he is too OP and made the enemies more powerful to keep up) and it is highlighted that despite being able to use many powerful techniques himself, he is terrible at teaching because its just intuitive to him.

This would be some decent character development for Rey if played straight. Rey never struggled with grasping the force ,using more advanced powers like mind tricks, or lifting a bunch of boulders like she was breathing. If she encounters a student who can barely push a cup a millimeter, how is she going to teach her when she herself doesnt understand the struggle? This is an actual issue with geniuses. The subject comes so naturally to them and they just cant understand how normies like us cant understand this concepts. It would be like us "teaching" someone how to breathe. Its so natural and intuitive, you dont know where their sticking points are and how to address them.

Yeah I am also surprised that the Rey movie is getting so much press. I do think this is because this could be Kennedy's last chance to salvage her sequel trilogy from being erased from the lexicon (can we confidently say that Filoni wont try to erase the sequel trilogy for his own trilogy starring Ahsoka meeting the "real" Luke who was force projecting a force projection and was fine?). I do think Kennedy really wants the Rey trilogy to succeed. Again, Im not believing a movie is made until it is actually showing in theaters commercially given their track record.

No effing way will they make a movie about Rey actually teaching. That's not cinematic. Nor is it an easy topic of for a weak writer to write.

There would be a token few minutes of Rey teaching (and that will mainly just be her doing things WAY better than the students do). Then an emergency will happen and she will be called off to do something heroic. Because she's still the best at everything and must be the one who saves the day, especially in her own movie.

As for Kennedy, I have no doubt she wants this Rey movie to happen and hopes it will salvage the rep of the ST. It won't, but I'm sure she thinks it can and expects it to. She's been in charge of LFL for a decade and it's been the same patterns repeating: Doubling-down on her ideas and ignoring signs of trouble until the plane crashes into the mountain.

As for Iger, there is more room to debate his true feelings but I suspect it's something similar. He probably doesn't think he's in the business of selling creative art. He thinks Disney sells products. If your last edition of the product sold XXX tickets then there was obviously demand for it. Why wouldn't there still be demand for it now? Put the Rey movie in gear. That's how commercial products work.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back