Tony Stark keyboard availabe anywhere?

xl97

Master Member
Has anyone stumbled across the holographic keyboard file(s) from the Iron Man movie in their travels around the 'net?

Preferably in a vector .ai format?

My Illustrator skills are not great.... but its what I have. :)

I attempted a 'go' myself.. (and lets just say I'd trust someones elses) haha..

Thanks!

Thats the one..

is there a source file (vector) for it anywhere? (stumble across posted on the internet anywhere?)

I believe that specific image was done by EyeOfSauron (sp?)

but as far as "I" know.. there was never a link to the vector/source file??

Last edited:
Also... if anyone knows the font used for this?

That would be appreciated as well!

thanks guys!

close..

the C's are a dead giveaway that it isnt the same.. and things look a bit more rounded. (like the corners in capital "E's")

I have the board outlines all traced..

and maybe 20% of the symbols so far as well..

other symbols will take some time (I just stink at Illustrator!.. and the pen tool/paths..etc)

but once I find the font.. I'll be that much closer!

thanks guys!

Seen both of those already (although I thought the second was just a sticker/overlay and not an etch?)

Also both members were not of much help in saying what the font was or if a vector file was available anywhere :(

Thanks for the feedback on the glyphs/symbols.. (I have just been tracing them my hand in AI)..

but for the text.. I doubt they created it from scratch.. just dont know what font type was used for that..

figured Id post and get as much feedback/eyes of the project that I could.

thanks!

you are probably right about the font - much of the font match I have done in other work turns out to be a stretched version of the closest match and maybe one or two modified characters for styling - actually, you might be surprised that all too often adwork and such is simply a modified Helvetica

I'll have to take a look at all the fonts I have a little closer.. and maybe start surfing the free 'font sites' too, if nobody ever chimes in/I dont find it in my personal font list.

I have never tried my laser on glass before.. I'm sorta curious how it turns out, which is why I wanna finish this .ai file and give it a shot! :)

I want to do an acrylic one as well.. (should light up nice)

Seen both of those already (although I thought the second was just a sticker/overlay and not an etch?)

Also both members were not of much help in saying what the font was or if a vector file was available anywhere :(

Thanks for the feedback on the glyphs/symbols.. (I have just been tracing them my hand in AI)..

but for the text.. I doubt they created it from scratch.. just dont know what font type was used for that..

figured Id post and get as much feedback/eyes of the project that I could.

thanks!

Not much help? No one asked me. Of course I have the vector file. I'm moving from clear decals to etched glass now.:D

Reel

Not correct.

I had PM'd you.. it went un-answered.

I asked about the font used and any available vector files. (matter of fact I asked you twice) :)

* in forum and via pm.

The goal in this thread was to do glass etched via my laser cutter. (hence the search/question)

-xl

Last edited:
Not correct.

I had PM'd you.. it went un-answered.

I asked about the font used and any available vector files. (matter of fact I asked you twice) :)

* in forum and via pm.

The goal in this thread was to do glass etched via my laser cutter. (hence the search/question)

-xl

Hmm! I get tons of PMs. Can't remember this. Anyway, what are you looking to do?

Reel

it was around July 2nd according to my sent items.

Anywho..

I was originally looking for a complete vector file if available.

I could seem to find one.. so I bit the ullet and did my own version in Adobe Illustrator..

however (being more of a photoshop guy vs an illustrator guy.. some of the 'symbols' were a PITA) (ie: just not great with the pen tool!) lol

and whats left is the 'text/font' stuff and a maybe 40% of the symbols.

I want to play around with etching in acrylic and glass..

I also do electronics.. so want to make a fully functional prop (I hate 'static' props) :)

not sure what other functionality I was planning on adding.. but something to make it play audio (Jarvis).. or even just light up/controlled via bluetooth or wi-fi (probably the later since I have no clue how to make a mobile app for iPhone.. but all have wifi!)

sorta along the lines of what Ryan did (TheRealTonyStark) did perhaps..

(was kinda waiting to see what your final approach was going to be for the 'cast' parts, but I dont believe that ever materialized...did it?)

I have a personal laser cutter (work envelope is able to accommodate this size).. that I want to try this on.. (as well as several at my local maker space, bigger/more powerful)

I have never tried to etch in glass before (personally)

Last edited:
it was around July 2nd according to my sent items.

Anywho..

I was originally looking for a complete vector file if available.

I could seem to find one.. so I bit the ullet and did my own version in Adobe Illustrator..

however (being more of a photoshop guy vs an illustrator guy.. some of the 'symbols' were a PITA) (ie: just not great with the pen tool!) lol

and whats left is the 'text/font' stuff and a maybe 40% of the symbols.

I want to play around with etching in acrylic and glass..

I also do electronics.. so want to make a fully functional prop (I hate 'static' props) :)

not sure what other functionality I was planning on adding.. but something to make it play audio (Jarvis).. or even just light up/controlled via bluetooth or wi-fi (probably the later since I have no clue how to make a mobile app for iPhone.. but all have wifi!)

sorta along the lines of what Ryan did (TheRealTonyStark) did perhaps..

(was kinda waiting to see what your final approach was going to be for the 'cast' parts, but I dont believe that ever materialized...did it?)

I have a personal laser cutter (work envelope is able to accommodate this size).. that I want to try this on.. (as well as several at my local maker space, bigger/more powerful)

I have never tried to etch in glass before (personally)

PM me what you want to do. I have the glass already cut and the vector file.

Reel

Well I found out what the official font used was called, however I cant seem to find it ANYWHERE!! It was also stated that this font was never available for sale either.

So either passed down? Shared or distributed? or everyone is using a 'close enough' variant?

Well I found out what the official font used was called, however I cant seem to find it ANYWHERE!! It was also stated that this font was never available for sale either.

So either passed down? Shared or distributed? or everyone is using a 'close enough' variant?
Share the name to see if anyone has it or can locate it.

ok.. its all complete.. (with many variations created on the way here!!) hahaha..

I have control over the 'thickness' of the symbols.. and the text is a font.. (not a 100% match to the movie used font, as I couldnt find it, and the creator said he didnt have it on his machine anymore. :( )

but its pretty close.. with only the trained eye knowing its different the 'blue print' image flying around. (which was done by member EyeofSauron I believe)

I also think of it as a 'tell-tale' sign of being my version.

That being said.. I also have a version of the 'traced' text itself.. but I thought have a real font (text on a path) would be easier to work with and even come out a bit cleaner perhaps.

(ie: repeatability of letters, spacing, rotation..etc)

Jarvis_keyboard_complete_wm.jpg

I'm hoping to do some tests on some acrylic sheet soon...

gonna stop by some local glass places too to see about getting some custom cuts too.

I have never laser etched on glass before.. so I am kind of excited to finally try it with something now!

*(now that I think about it.. I can cut my own vinyl stickers/overlays with my vinyl plotter now too!)

My next thoughts are the electronics aspect..

I have no real issues in that area.. (just need to think of a 'feature list' lol)..

I saw TheRealTonyStark's (Ryan Brooks) version..

its nice.. I'm not 100% clear on how he got the finger 'tapping/beep' working.. photodiode/resistor.. but not sure on hes registering the finger 'taps' (per se`).. seems pretty reactive for just a photodiode approach)

I was also thinking of adding in the voice recognition so it can respond when you ask "JARVIS you awake?"

If anyone has suggestions on 'features' to code for.. please feel free to post!

thanks!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back