Unlimited Run Hellboy Sidearm - Comic Version (3D Printed Kit)

Re: 3d Printed Hellboy Sidearm (Comic Version)

You'll need to consider adding a 'very limited edition' wax cast version, made from melted down Irish churbells and grips carved from the True cross. Yes. I suppose that would be a VERY limited edition.
-Terry

Hehe, I could get one of my church friends to bring a roll of plastic to church and get it blessed :D

Hope to have the last 2 pieces printed this weekend, pics to follow

I´m interested,
I think this would be a good kit to help me get into the bigger projects.

You should re-start this thread in the Project Runs forum. Can't wait to see the prototype photos.
-Terry

Wanted to mention, all my FS and INT threads are still active, we've been assured that they will be moved to the proper "new" areas soon: regardless we're still open for business!

Will have a prototype tomorrow! Although my initial thoughts are its not going to be big enough, we'll see. That's what prototypes are for :)

Yup, she's too small. It's man-sized, not Hellboy sized. It's a bit smaller than the Samaritan, but needs to be bigger!
Going to resize and reprint, I'd like to double the size but I think that's a bit too big, somewhere between 50 and 75% I think.
Oh ya, ignore the handle, still working on it.
Feedback?

First off...Um..LOOKS AWESOME! does the hammer come back? I'd like to see it "open".
Next thing is that you probably don't have to go that big (50% larger).
The 12" is respectable as it is. But at 14-15", it will be a pretty big gun. At 16-17", you're getting into absurd dimensions, not to mention it taking an enormous amount of fabrication time.
My guess is that It should be uncomfortably large for an adult human. (I've now seen different approximations for comic version of Hellboy being 7'6" to 8' tall). That makes him 25% to 30% taller than your average adult human male.
For reference, a magnum Desert Eagle 50 cal. w / the larger 10" barrel is 14.75" long. and that is a BIG gun.
-Terry

I agree fully with your (rgriesbeck) evaluation. As a fan of the comics I love the shape/silhouette of the piece. Nice work, I look forward to seeing the reprint. My interest is only increasing.

I think its going to end up 14-15 inches, when it looks right, we'll stop playing with it and start selling it

Thanks for the advice

That looks great.

Can you tentatively put me down for one too. I may have to buy into all three of your runs.

That looks great.

Can you tentatively put me down for one too. I may have to buy into all three of your runs.

Thanks! Will put you down for one. Its soooo close. Remember, past customers get $10 off, just remember to remind me.

Printing prototype #2 tomorrow, aiming for 15 inches, I think that's the right size, well see what it turns out like. Pics soon

Look for some pics of the new prototype tomorrow, the grip is done and it feels good, my hand is just barely able to grip it, new barrel and bullets printing overnight

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back