Unlimited Run Hellboy Sidearm - Comic Version (3D Printed Kit)

Re: 3d Printed Hellboy Sidearm (Comic Version)

Here's a bullet from the scaled up version - it's comically large :) Comic Sidearm bullet, bullet from my big baby, samaritan bullet

But if we look at pics of hellboy in the comics, he loads it with his "right hand of doom" and even then the bullets are a good size

opening.JPG

Last edited:

She's soooooo close. need to print trigger and hammer, bottom ring and we'll have a working prototype. The size is real good now. It's not HUGE, but it's definitely large!

I'm not liking the BPRD logo on the grip. All the comic pics of the gun show it plain (well the pics I could find, which are few). So I think we'll remove that for the final version.

Looks great.

I like the BPRD logo. Not crazy about the three horizontal lines on the lower grip.

If it's not too late can the cylinder release be larger?

Looks great.

I like the BPRD logo. Not crazy about the three horizontal lines on the lower grip.

If it's not too late can the cylinder release be larger?

The lines are one of the only bits of detail I've seen in the comic reference, I'm worried w/o the grips will be boring. The cylinder release is being enlarged a bit.

Plus we're going to print the grips in half, laying down so they get the wood grain appearance like our Samaritan had :)

We've made a bunch of small changes and are printing out the final version. I'll be switching this to a FS thread probably first thing next week. Will have some pics of the final version very soon;wish I had 3 more printers :cry

Couple quick pics of final prototype, no sanding, filling or painting done:

2014-04-26 09.47.12.jpg
2014-04-26 09.48.04.jpg
2014-04-26 09.49.52.jpg

So, we're almost ready to go with this one. I just want to finish 1 other commitment before I switch this to a FS thread. Here's some better pics, still cell phone, but I hope it gives you a better idea of the detail level. This gun is almost 15 inches of Hellboy goodness. These pics are all untouched 3D prints, some sanding and painting and polishing will only make these awesomer :lol

Last edited:

There is no seperate bullet? Or are we just not seeing it with the bullet out?
-Terry

There is no seperate bullet? Or are we just not seeing it with the bullet out?
-Terry
Ya, sorry the bullet is in the breach, here's a quick pic with a ruler and a shell from Big Baby

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back