Unlimited Run Hellboy Sidearm - Comic Version (3D Printed Kit)

Re: 3d Printed Hellboy Sidearm (Comic Version)

That is so sweet. Put me down on the want list. I can also pay in advance.
-Terry

Thanks, I do't have a list yet, but when I switch it to FS, I'll ask people to post their commitment in this thread and PM me name, address etc.

Thanks

Look for this to go up for sale this weekend. I've just got 1 commission job that is 90% done and then we'll start.

I've had my prototype on my desk for a week and I have to say I really love the look of this gun. Because it doesn't really exist anywhere (except in small drawing in the comics) it's really need to see this come to life.

I feel this is one of the most accurate re-creations of this gun ever done. Because it wasn't based on an airsoft or existing gun, we were able to (after 3 attempts) make this really big or "Hellboy sized" as we call it here.

Thanks for all the great comments, those that want one will be able to get it soooooooon!

Wow I am so glad I found this site as I am a huge Hellboy fan and would love to have this in my collection I look forward to when you start taking names.

Ok all, I'm ready to start this run. The kits are printing and I'm really happy with how they turned out. The kits will be $150.00usd plus $15.00 shipping to Canada and the US and $20.00 pretty much anywhere else. Forgot to add, if you've bought a kit form me in the past, you save $10.00.

So, if you'd like one please:

1) post below stating that you're committing to buying a kit.
2) please PM me with your name and address and my paypal is rgriesbeck@sd35.bc.ca
3) tell me if you're a returning customer (and save $10.00)

The kits will printing all week and if everything goes well, I think I could ship the first 5 kits probably by this weekend.

Thanks again for your support, and remember if you're happy, send good feedback and upload pics of your build!

Last edited:

Just wanted to add, the kit comes with 18 pieces including: 16 pieces of ABS plastic, 1 pieces of leather and a small piece of aluminum (as a pivot piece). Each kit will get 1 bullet that is composed of 2 pieces.

You'll need some sandpaper, "crazy" glue, and some filler (I like apoxie sculpt). This is probably my easiest to assemble kit, but I will post a how to soon.

Last edited:

3.75 kits printed, hoping to have 5 done to send out this weekend!

4.5 kits done, still planning on shipping the 1st 5 kits this weekend

I've got another kit printed and ready to go if anyone's want's one of the coolest guns we've ever made! :D

Received my kit in the mail today. I am impressed by the quality of the kit and will start working on it today.

Got my kit the other day. Looks great. Not a lot of pieces. Kind of surprised that it's not hollow, yet still very light (honeycombed?). A lot of work put into this. I have dreams of making it disassemblable and adding springs and mechanisms for the trigger and hammer to actuate.
-Terry

Got my kit the other day. Looks great. Not a lot of pieces. Kind of surprised that it's not hollow, yet still very light (honeycombed?). A lot of work put into this. I have dreams of making it disassemblable and adding springs and mechanisms for the trigger and hammer to actuate.
-Terry

Frickin cool idea! Share pics plz! :D

- - - Updated - - -

Received my kit in the mail today. I am impressed by the quality of the kit and will start working on it today.

Glad you like it!

- - - Updated - - -

The kit does have fewer pieces than most our other kits, I'll post a few assembly pics tomorrow anyways

Does anyone need an assembly guide? Haven't had much free time, but I'll do 1 if anyone isn't sure how it goes together

I think it was pretty straight forward how it all went together. I'm still assembling mine; currently epoxying nuts and aligning screws so I can disassemble the handle and split the housing for the trigger and hammer.
I assumed that the flat for the combustion chamber goes downward and it seems to nest optimally in that fashion. Some alignment tabs or buttons would have been nice, as super-glue doesn't give you but a few seconds to align everything properly. I think I was a bit lucky getting everything to line-up on the first attempt.

I added a #10 nut + screw to the pivot and plan on making a Webley type of release for the top. I'll post photos once I get the spring assemblies complete and then again after sanding & painting.

A little more planning and I think you could prep these so that the trigger and hammer actuate with the addition of some light springs.
-Terry

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back