Limited Run Luke Shared stunt Version Lightsaber ( Run Full )

2nd try to post images correctly ...
0000 Steel Wool and Aluminum Black for weathering. Zinc metal strips in Zinc Sulfate Monohydrate solution to create a chemical reaction to coat the copper with a brass color.

ImperialShuttleShrd1.jpg

ImperialShuttleShrd2.jpg

ImperialShuttleShrd3.jpg

I had planned to use a torch on the copper section to add heat discoloration, but I like the brass color and I'm afraid I will ruin it. I could always re-do it since it only took about 30 minutes to create, but I'm not sure I'm ready to take the plunge.

(The stand is not for this saber, just used it for the photos)

Last edited:
2nd try to post images correctly ...
0000 Steel Wool and Aluminum Black for weathering. Zinc metal strips in Zinc Sulfate Monohydrate solution to create a chemical reaction to coat the copper with a brass color.

View attachment 721598

View attachment 721599

View attachment 721600

I had planned to use a torch on the copper section to add heat discoloration, but I like the brass color and I'm afraid I will ruin it. I could always re-do it since it only took about 30 minutes to create, but I'm not sure I'm ready to take the plunge.

(The stand is not for this saber, just used it for the photos)

Impressive work!

The result is GREAT.
The only thing i would change is the color of the neck to copper or copper mixed with brass. Looks a bit too dark/dull to me.
The rest is simply PERFECT.

The result is GREAT.
The only thing i would change is the color of the neck to copper or copper mixed with brass. Looks a bit too dark/dull to me.
The rest is simply PERFECT.

I have to agree.

I think the color is more of a coppery metallic with a thick gloss clear coat vs. a satin bronze color. It's just a "tad" too dark right now. Some of the chalks I used to weather paint May account for the darker color as well.

I'll need to get the correct paint and give he neck a second pass.

Thanks for the input--very appreciated. :)

Last edited:
Love this thing so much. Thanks, Rudy!!!! It really is a childhood dream come true to have it... I definitely prefer the look of the Graflex clamp over the hero version. Made my own clamp card with sheet styrene and paint.

Here it is on my shelf with my Michael Biehn signed pulse rifle, ANH DL-44, and EL-11 in the background behind a tie fighterIMG_1926.JPG.

p.s. I used the airsoft pistol as a base for the DL-44 so it has all those inaccuracies, and I know the scope is inaccurate... but I'm rather proud of that. It is an authentic vintage Hensoldt Wetzlar that took months and months of searching Ebay to find. It has a single post as opposed to the T sight, but I was surprised I could get as close as I did.

Rudy I got mine today. It looks fantastic but the emitter ring is damaged. it looks like the machine shop dropped it and just tried to polish it so no one would notice.
I'll send you a private email but was wondering if I could replace the emitter ring?

Finally got the brass strip in, so I thought I'd take a few pics with it done up the way I see the real one done up. Still haven't been home to redo the foil tape or strip the paint and apply some aluminum black, so it's still in a state of progress. Just thought I'd show off the new clamp card.
aa1959282b596c0750b65de9e95ca1cd.jpg
42552be3258a7a71aa70aa5e6e3791a7.jpg
8d395fe1d5407d0603798834a69c0540.jpg
4d73e34a1c5cb4afa4f60b81db9e5426.jpg

Here's a shot with the flash on, to better match some of the photos of the real one.
2baed6bcca9f55f66833d4256ff12699.jpg

f8ba23ce20b63600534174303bc97ad7.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Finally got the brass strip in, so I thought I'd take a few pics with it done up the way I see the real one done up. Still haven't been home to redo the foil tape or strip the paint and apply some aluminum black, so it's still in a state of progress. Just thought I'd show off the new clamp card.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170417/aa1959282b596c0750b65de9e95ca1cd.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170417/42552be3258a7a71aa70aa5e6e3791a7.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170417/8d395fe1d5407d0603798834a69c0540.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170417/4d73e34a1c5cb4afa4f60b81db9e5426.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Wouldn't mind one of those clamp cards....

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

How do you plan to cover those numbers up?

I'm going to try the tape method Dann has suggested. For now I just colored over it with sharpie, which hides it well enough unless you look really close. I'm still finding my way around this hobby so I might even set this saber aside and work on something else for a while. I just got a reflow oven so I'm looking forward to making some cool gadgets.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back